Windows 10: My account has been locked for past 28 days

Discus and support My account has been locked for past 28 days in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! I am just a student of class 9 and I used my Microsoft Account mainly for the perpetual license of Office 2019 Home and Student... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SagnikBasu, Oct 31, 2020.

1. My account has been locked for past 28 days

Hello Everyone!

I am just a student of class 9 and I used my Microsoft Account mainly for the perpetual license of Office 2019 Home and Student associated with it.

My account has been locked for the past 28 days; I have no idea why. I firmly believe that I have not broken any code of conduct. I have filled the Account Reinstatement form multiple times, to no avail.

Every time, I receive an automated message, but I do not receive any follow up. None of the agents, laughingly, have the means to contact the Account Reinstatement team, not even the supervisors in any department. I have no idea when this will be solved.

This case is different as it can't be solved by using a code from phone.

Also, according to the agents, the perpetual licenses can't be transferred to any other account, which is the main problem

Can anyone of you provide any kind of solution to this. I can't use my OneDrive, or the office account associated with the locked account.

Thanks and Regards

Sagnik

:)

SagnikBasu, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 31, 2020
  3. My account has been locked for the past 12 days

This is Sagnik

I think that my account had been hacked and now, it has been locked. This is the account which I use for various activities since I am a student. All files and folders of mine are there. I cannot report any loss of files at the moment. My account has been
    locked since October 6, today is October 16. I have dropped a msg at the portal to unlock my account almost 11 days ago, and I have not received any msg from their side, till now. Also, the Microsoft agents say that your account will be locked if you contact
    us with issues. This is very disheartening from Microsoft. Some of their agents leave the chat, some say that they got disconnected, some intrude into our privacy, but we can do no steps against them except writing a review. Now my account has been locked.
    Can anyone plz tell what can I do so that I am able to use my account soon because I am unable to use most of my files in onedrive etc. and none of them are accessible. I have a lot of projects etc to submit. I cannot do anything

All the agents from Microsoft just tell to wait for their response. How can someone allow this for 11 days. I would request you guys to plz give me a solution to this problem

Thanks and Regards

Sagnik

SagnikBasu, Oct 31, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

My account has been locked for past 28 days

Suspended Account

Something similar happened to me. I set up a computer for a family member and when logging in on a secondary MS acct for support purposes, I incorrectly typed my password and was then asked to enter a code texted to a last 4 nos. that I didn't realize was a 2nd phone that I used for 2-step verification. So when I said that wasn't my backup number, the acct was auto-locked for 30 days, nothing to do but wait. At least the family member had a Local Account and was able to use the device until I was re-instated, whereupon I was able to sign-in and verify my 2nd step in the verification process.
    If you used your land line as the 2nd step, I'm afraid, you're, likewise, locked out until the 30 day period is over. By then, either get a secondary email acct, as suggested, or a burner phone that takes texts so you're VERY clear as to what your 2nd verification option is. This is a case where having a Local Acct with admin privileges would be invaluable. Good Luck with your efforts.

mrgeek, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

My account has been locked for past 28 days

1. My account has been locked for past 28 days - Similar Threads - account has been

2. My account has been locked up.w

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been locked up.w: Lock up on laptop due to someone using my ip address to go to a website that has identity theft virus. The phone number I'm supposed to call is 888-253-7523. Is this a legitimate phone number?...
  3. My account has been locked up.w

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account has been locked up.w: Lock up on laptop due to someone using my ip address to go to a website that has identity theft virus. The phone number I'm supposed to call is 888-253-7523. Is this a legitimate phone number?...
  4. My account has been locked

My account has been locked: Hi all I tried to sign in to my outlook account this morning and I get this message: Your account has been lockedWe’ve detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.Unlocking your accountChoose Next and we'll send a...
  5. My account has been locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My account has been locked: Hi all I tried to sign in to my outlook account this morning and I get this message: Your account has been lockedWe’ve detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.Unlocking your accountChoose Next and we'll send a...
  6. My account has been locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My account has been locked for the past 12 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My account has been locked for the past 12 days: This is Sagnik I think that my account had been hacked and now, it has been locked. This is the account which I use for various activities since I am a student. All files and folders of mine are there. I cannot report any loss of files at the moment. My account has been...
  8. My account has been locked

My account has been locked: Hello Everyone, This is Sagnik I think that my account had been hacked and now, it has been locked. This is the account which I use for various activities since I am a student. All files and folders of mine are there. I cannot report any loss of files at the moment. My...
  9. my account has been locked

my account has been locked: I need help because my account is locked and I did nothing wrong! Please help I have no phone number to verify it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-has-been-locked/65d31fea-0038-4698-9fb8-b6f46062228c
  10. Account has been locked since Apr 28 2020

Account has been locked since Apr 28 2020: Hi, My account has been locked since Apr, 28th 2019 - more than 10 days ago. I followed the instructions and filled the requested form aka "Microsoft locked account review form" https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/AccountReinstatement. The form was submitted and...