Windows 10: My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

Discus and support My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My account is acknowledged as an adult but it won't let me open Chrome and that I need an adult's permission how can I change that.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SergioFonseca3, Sep 10, 2019.

1. My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

My account is acknowledged as an adult but it won't let me open Chrome and that I need an adult's permission how can I change that.

:)

SergioFonseca3, Sep 10, 2019

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Sep 10, 2019
  3. How to change child account to adult

I have the same issue and the birth date listed is my actual birthdate which clearly shows that I'm an adult...how can I get my microsoft account to acknowledge this? I can't even pay for my account.

Hall Computer, Sep 10, 2019
  4. My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

1. My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an... - Similar Threads - account adult account

2. Need to edit my birtdate as I'm the adult on the account. But it won't allow me to edit.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to edit my birtdate as I'm the adult on the account. But it won't allow me to edit.: I tried to edit the change of birth to your ******.com using your parent account *********** and got an error message that says, " Learn more. To manage restrictions for your children, view your family settings." That is why you are redirected to the Family Safety support....
  3. Need to edit my birtdate as I'm the adult on the account. But it won't allow me to edit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to edit my birtdate as I'm the adult on the account. But it won't allow me to edit.: I tried to edit the change of birth to your *** Email address is removed for privacy *** using your parent account 16263540728 and got an error message that says, " Learn more. To manage restrictions for your children, view your family settings." That is why you are...
  4. Need to edit my birtdate as I'm the adult on the account. But it won't allow me to edit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to edit my birtdate as I'm the adult on the account. But it won't allow me to edit.: I tried to edit the change of birth to your *** Email address is removed for privacy *** using your parent account 16263540728 and got an error message that says, " Learn more. To manage restrictions for your children, view your family settings." That is why you are...
  5. Child account for an Adult

Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  6. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  7. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  8. Converting child account to adult account

Converting child account to adult account: My daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago. Her account had been.a child account. After turning 18, all the content filtering and child restrictions still applied to her account.We tried various suggestions from community discussions to try to fix this problem. None of them...
  9. I can't change my child account to an adult account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my child account to an adult account: So, here is the thing: I am not in a family. According to my account, I am over 18 years old. Still, I have a child account and can't change my profile picture, for example. How do I solve this?...
  10. I need to delete an adult account in my family

I need to delete an adult account in my family: I need to delete an adult account in my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-an-adult-account-in-my-family/0b62e777-be8f-4b1e-990b-b248389bf1ee"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox change adult account to child