Windows 10: My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

Discus and support My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My account is acknowledged as an adult but it won't let me open Chrome and that I need an adult's permission how can I change that.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SergioFonseca3, Sep 10, 2019.

1. My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

My account is acknowledged as an adult but it won't let me open Chrome and that I need an adult's permission how can I change that.

:)

SergioFonseca3, Sep 10, 2019

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Sep 10, 2019
  3. How to change child account to adult

I have the same issue and the birth date listed is my actual birthdate which clearly shows that I'm an adult...how can I get my microsoft account to acknowledge this? I can't even pay for my account.

Hall Computer, Sep 10, 2019
  4. My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an...

1. My account is an adult account and is acknowledged but it still tells me that I need an... - Similar Threads - account adult account

2. Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am: Every time I go to open an application, a window opens saying "Sign in so you don't miss out, you need to sign back into your Microsoft account do you can send your parent requests when you want more screen time or need permission for certain apps and sights." My Microsoft...
  3. Changing an adult account into a child account

Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  4. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions: Right this is now stressing us out I have had my own Microsoft Account for years. However when we got our son his XBOX One we used my Microsoft Account which of course is the Adult Account to set him up on his new XBOX One and away he went. Now he is getting older he is...
  5. Remove my own child account from an adult account

Remove my own child account from an adult account: I am 17 years old and got a new laptop for my birthday. Signed into my Microsoft account and noticed under "Family" that I am listed as a child under a person that is not my parent. How do I remove myself from their adult account so that they can't control my restrictions and...
  6. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...
  7. Xbox account is not an adult, yet Microsoft account is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox account is not an adult, yet Microsoft account is?: So when I try to do something with my Xbox account, such as changing the profile picture, or downloading a livery in Forza, parental controls prevent it, even though they were never enabled, and I don't have any other people on my Microsoft family....
  8. One of my Microsoft accounts tells me I can't access my site at the moment.

in Windows 10 Customization
    One of my Microsoft accounts tells me I can't access my site at the moment.: Hello, Each time I try to verify my account by clicking on the 'cancel request' on the 'can't access my site at the moment,' dialogue box I fail to get the necessary phone call that gives me my code for verification. Originally I was going to change my password but I...
  9. Restricting time usage for adult accounts on MY computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restricting time usage for adult accounts on MY computer: Has there been any updates to this situation? I have other adults in my household that I want to restrict how many hours they are on my computer. I can't create a child account for them because I can't delete their adult account. All of their files will be deleted unless I...
  10. Does a child account automatically become an adult account?

Does a child account automatically become an adult account?: How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something? The reason I ask is because trying to use Edge on a child account is proving tiresome....