Windows 10: my account is not logging in after using administrator mode

Discus and support my account is not logging in after using administrator mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i had to clean some stuff up in my pc.... so i had to delete some files in disk C. so i logged onto administrator mode and deleted a few files. after... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sreyask.k, Mar 11, 2021.

1. sreyask.k Win User

my account is not logging in after using administrator mode

i had to clean some stuff up in my pc.... so i had to delete some files in disk C. so i logged onto administrator mode and deleted a few files. after deleting it and logging out of administrator mode i tried to log in to my main account but it didnt work. it showed that "We cant sign into your account, it can be solved by logging out and logging in". i tried doing it but it was of no use. i did a force shut down and it worked... all of my files were deleted and my settings were changed to default.....i switched it off and then opened it again and the same thing happened. it logged me out and i had to force shut and restart it. it worked but all my settings were changed to default and few of my files deleted... new files were added to the users folder too.
    they were-
    TEMP
    TEMPUSER NAME
    TEMPUSER NAME.0000
    TEMPUSER NAME.0001

:)

sreyask.k, Mar 11, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hi guys

I have same issue in safe boot mode with networking!

First of all it blocks the networking

Then states:

Settings cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

Yet clicking on windows i opens settings fine

It also states broadband blocked, yet I can happily get on the net but at first I couldn't.

When I asked about it the guy from Microsoft tech answers couldn't understand why I wanted to use safe boot mode with networking????????

After he did nothing to help but emailed some scripts which didn't refer to safe mode. I rebooted and suddenly safe mode with networking worked with the net but windows 10 still claims broadband is blocked!

Im also still getting the message on trying to unblock broadband:

cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

What is going on there?

Lokiroarsamba, Mar 11, 2021
  4. my account is not logging in after using administrator mode

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

my account is not logging in after using administrator mode

1. my account is not logging in after using administrator mode - Similar Threads - account logging using

2. I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account: I just bought the xbox game pass ultimate and I wanted to change the location of where the files are downloaded to. I tried to move around files it was instructions from an employee off of someone else's question and in the process of the fix, when I was moving files, it said...
  3. I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account: I just bought the xbox game pass ultimate and I wanted to change the location of where the files are downloaded to. I tried to move around files it was instructions from an employee off of someone else's question and in the process of the fix, when I was moving files, it said...
  4. Can't acces safe mode on windows 7 and log into my administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't acces safe mode on windows 7 and log into my administrator account.: When I turned on my computer and typed in my password it showed the message: "The user profile service failed the sign in".I have tried everything - restarting it,pressing the F8 key but no matter what I do I can't access safe mode and it doesn't do anything, tried typing in...
  5. Can't acces safe mode on windows 7 and log into my administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't acces safe mode on windows 7 and log into my administrator account.: When I turned on my computer and typed in my password it showed the message: "The user profile service failed the sign in".I have tried everything - restarting it,pressing the F8 key but no matter what I do I can't access safe mode and it doesn't do anything, tried typing in...
  6. Unable to log in to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log in to administrator account: Hi,I run Windows 10 on a PC. The only account set up is my administrator account which I have been logging into with a PIN. After a power cut today when I rebooted the PC I got a message saying "something happened and your PIN isn't available". Nothing happened when I tried...
  7. Cannot log into my 2nd administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log into my 2nd administrator account: Hi guys, I was mucking about and added a 2nd user to my main user account for my mother. Once I logged into that new user, my old administrator user seems to have disappeared. I have since logged back into my uni login account but I can only see a new profile may be an old...
  8. How to log back into my primary account from Administrator mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to log back into my primary account from Administrator mode: TL;DR Need to find a way to access my primary account to exit out of Administrator mode. __ I needed to change my username so that there was no space character, since it was causing issues with running certain software. I ran command line as administrator, and changed it...
  9. Cannot Log into Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Log into Administrator Account: Hello, I was working on my laptop when suddenly my system restarted and I lost all my personal files( I have a back up). However, I cannot login as administrator, it says you are logged in using temporary account. I tried resetting my laptop as well as I did the registry...
  10. RDC logging into administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDC logging into administrator account: If the local administrator is logged in with a password on the remote computer, how can it be connected to through RDC? 98900