Windows 10: My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other...

Discus and support My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there my account is stuck on Local account for some reason and I have tried YouTube tutorial using the family and other user setting, but the thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Siv Gopakumar Nair, Mar 22, 2023.

1. My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other...

Hi there my account is stuck on Local account for some reason and I have tried YouTube tutorial using the family and other user setting, but the thing is that there is no Family and other user button and I don't know what to do and I even tried a persons answer on this website but it doesn't work and whenever the user account control pops up I have only got the option for No what should I do

:)

Siv Gopakumar Nair, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Kari Win User

My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other...

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

It was faster as I expected, the test confirmed my theory was right. Doing this your kid has absolutely no way to switch to a local account and leave the MS Family:

1.) Start as told earlier, creating the Child account as a Family account
    2.) Sign the Child once in to Windows, sign out and back in to your admin account
    3.) Press Win + R to open the Run dialog, type netplwiz and hit Enter to launch the advanced user control panel
    4.) Select the Child account, click Properties:

My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other... 61992d1485962659t-bypass-family-settings-conversion-local-account-2016_02_02_08_52_091.png

5.) Change the Child account's user group from Users to Guests:

My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other... 61991d1485962659t-bypass-family-settings-conversion-local-account-2016_02_02_08_35_522.png

6.) Close the Properties, close advanced user control panel

That's it. Users in Guest group cannot open and use the Settings app, therefore they cannot change the account type (switch to a local account).

Pros:
    • User cannot change any settings, not even open the Settings app
    • User can still download and install desktop software but when doing so, the PC admin credentials will be asked
    Cons:
    • To change any settings, an admin user must first change the Child's usergroup back to Users, sign in to Child account, change the required setting, sign out from the Child account, and finally set the user back to Guests group
    • To download and install anything from the Windows Store, an admin user must first change the Child's usergroup back to Users, sign in to Child account, download and install software from the Windows Store, sign out from the Child account, and finally set the user back to Guests group
    • OneDrive Desktop sync does not work on Guest accounts. To download, open or upload files in Onedrive the user must use a browser

Thema:

My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other...

1. My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other... - Similar Threads - account Local Account

2. I have no other members on the family account but I cant make any changes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have no other members on the family account but I cant make any changes: You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information, you need to remove consent for those child accounts....
  3. I have no other members on the family account but I cant make any changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no other members on the family account but I cant make any changes: You are managing one or more child accounts. Before you change your profile information, you need to remove consent for those child accounts....
  4. I have no other members on the family account but I cant make any changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I dont have acces to my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have acces to my hotmail account: How do I recover my hotmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-acces-to-my-hotmail-account/9a4639c2-4fd7-4440-9366-fcc54f4eaec3
  6. My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other...

My account is on Local Account and I cant get out becuase I dont have family and other...: Hi there my account is stuck on Local account for some reason and I have tried YouTube tutorial using the family and other user setting, but the thing is that there is no Family and other user button and I don't know what to do and I even tried a persons answer on this...
  7. I cant access my other accounts.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant access my other accounts.: Hello there,For awhile i have been trying to access other accounts that i have on my pc but none of them are showing up at the sign-in page.I have used the command prompt and used the command net user and i have seen that i have 3 accounts more ,but i cant access them.Is...
  8. I cant access my other accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access my other accounts.: Hello there,For awhile i have been trying to access other accounts that i have on my pc but none of them are showing up at the sign-in page.I have used the command prompt and used the command net user and i have seen that i have 3 accounts more ,but i cant access them.Is...
  9. I cant access my other accounts.

10. Family Safety - can i convert a family account to a local, standard account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - can i convert a family account to a local, standard account: Hi All, I use Microsoft Family Safety, child account and I would like to know if it is possible to convert this family account to a local account without any change in settings or files: a seamless transition, because the account is being used for both schoolwork and for...