Windows 10: My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(

Discus and support My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :( in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot make any changes or remove Apps. I have two Account. My Account to startup with shows as only Local.... How do I make it Administrator? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suzie Mc, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Suzie Mc Win User

My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(

I cannot make any changes or remove Apps. I have two Account. My Account to startup with shows as only Local.... How do I make it Administrator? I cannot add or remove anything. Help....

:)

Suzie Mc, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Change local account into administrator

Hi Ankit,

We appreciate you for providing these necessary information. We have another way on how to change your local account user into administrator account. Please follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account, and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
    • Click OK to complete the task.

Note: If you are using an Administrator account, you could use the same instructions to change the type to a Standard User account.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Administrator details accidentally changed

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to assist you better.

• How many account are there in your PC?

• Before configuring outlook account in your system which account were you using? Is it Local account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type Settings.

• Select Account.

• Select your Account.

• Click on Sign in with local account instead of Microsoft Account.

• It will prompt for Microsoft Account Password.

• Enter the password then you will be able to use Local account.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

How to revert local account to administrator acc.

Hello. I am not sure I understand the question. Let me see:

• You had an administrative account (local, not MS).
    • You changed this administrative account to a limited account.
    • You want to change the limited account back to an administrative account.
    • You have another administrative account, but you don't know the password.

Is this correct?

You must be logged into an administrative account in order to give administrative rights to a local account.

Does another user of the computer know the password to the administrative account?
    Did you create a password reset disk for the administrative account?

simrick, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :( - Similar Threads - Account shown Local

2. How to change from local account to administrator. No link to change that one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from local account to administrator. No link to change that one.: DCH <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Tue, Feb 14, 10:25 AM to Microsoft email sent before this date as well. I still can not change/make MY Local Account into an Administrator. That means I can not check for updates, download, or activate any applications. Also,...
  3. How to change from local account to administrator. No link to change that one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from local account to administrator. No link to change that one.: DCH <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Tue, Feb 14, 10:25 AM to Microsoft email sent before this date as well. I still can not change/make MY Local Account into an Administrator. That means I can not check for updates, download, or activate any applications. Also,...
  4. How to change Local Account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Local Account to Administrator: I can't change Local to Administrator so this is how it look like: Enter Username and Passwordbut I'm on my only account so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-account-to-administrator/a1bed261-609c-4af9-96ac-651d22812ac2
  5. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest: Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have any other accounts on my computer. So I ended up with only a guest account and can't use my laptop to its full potential....
  6. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT

I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT: HELLO SO I WAS ANGRY THAT DAY AND THEN I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT AND THEN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHANGE IT BACK....
  7. I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user.

I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user.: Hi I had an only one account on my computer which was admin. However I have changed this only account to local user by mistakenly through . Now I cant make this account admin again since I do not have authorization to change it. I have tried anything however, ı couldnt...
  8. i have accidentally changed my administrator account to standard account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i have accidentally changed my administrator account to standard account: respected sir , i have accidentally changed my administrator account to a standard account and now when i try to sign in and enter the password it says wrong password so i sign in by using 3 questions. i dont have the administrator account . what can i do plz help...
  9. My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back: I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the account is the only account in the system i didn't activate default the guest and/or the administrator account....
  10. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...