Windows 10: My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders

Discus and support My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Long story, but I accidentally changed my rights and can't change them back without having those rights. I've tried everything I can think of. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AustinJoy, Dec 6, 2021.

1. AustinJoy Win User

My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders

Long story, but I accidentally changed my rights and can't change them back without having those rights. I've tried everything I can think of. So basically I soft-locked my account? I don't know. I tried CMD, but can't do that without admin rights. Tried netplwiz which was the reason I have this problem but can't get back into it. I've tried everything i can think of. If anyone can somehow help me, I will love you forever.I'm running on windows 11 Home

:)

AustinJoy, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Solaris17 Win User

System Admin Shenanigans?

No problem chief its pretty simple to do but usually a multi stage process.

Create an admin account using the control panel.

Then log out and log into the new admin account so windows builds it.

Then log back out and log into the super admin account your currently on.

go into your user directory and copy all of your primary user folders copy everything [CTRL+A] and copy them via right click and copy.

then go into your NEW user account and paste and allow overwrite of all the folders and files.

after it is done log into the new account and make sure everything is working correctly. if it is go to your super admin user account folder and delete all of your private data pictures documents etc.

then open up a command prompt as administrator and type the following

net user Administrator /active:no

and hit enter.

Solaris17, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Admin accounts

Yes.

An admin, if they try to browse the user folder of any other user (standard or admin) will be told they don't have access, but will be offered permanent access if they wish by clicking Continue. You won't accidentally stumble across her files, but you could look for them if you were determined. Can she trust you (or can you trust yourself) not to click Continue?

My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders [​IMG]

Even signed in as an admin, most of the time you are running processes or apps as a standard user anyway. Only when you try to do something that requires admin rights will you be asked (as in the folder example above) if you want to use your admin privileges. The 'harm' would be if you click 'Yes' on a UAC prompt before taking the time to think about what it is that you'd be allowing to run.

Bree, Dec 6, 2021
  4. ypoora1 Win User

System Admin Shenanigans?

Working on it, that's a lotta gigabytes to toss around!

ypoora1, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

1. My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders - Similar Threads - account isn't admin

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account isn't an admin and can't access admin ONLY files and folders: Long story, but I accidentally changed my rights and can't change them back without having those rights. I've tried everything I can think of. So basically I soft-locked my account? I don't know. I tried CMD, but can't do that without admin rights. Tried netplwiz which was...
  5. Not having Admin access on an Admin account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not having Admin access on an Admin account.: Hello! I've had this issue for a bit but it was never really an issue till now. I don't have this issue when I'm installing an app. I was trying to set up drive sharing for an FTP server. And this is minor but I also can't turn on syncing for my account. I looked at a few...
  6. Deleted my only accessible admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted my only accessible admin account: Please help, yesterday I was going to delete an account that was under the name "local test" because I have recently made a local account, but later signed back into my microaoft account, i have found some things flawed with the system. I would like to know if there is a...
  7. Can't access my admin account to in account repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access my admin account to in account repair: I updated to 1903 today and then ran into some malware somewhere and I attempted to remove it in safe mode, but it reappeared when i rebooted. I went into account repair, but my admin account (my only account) doesn't show so I can sign in and attempt repair. Now I'm stuck...
  8. My Admin Account isn't truly admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Admin Account isn't truly admin: Hi guys, I have a W10 user account attached to my microsoft account. It is listed as a full on admin account. However, with certain tasks it doesn't let me do certain admin tasks. I wanted to make changes to my hosts file, but was unable to do so. Any thoughts? Thanks....
  9. Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there

Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there: I just transferred from Windows 7, and everything worked except for the fact that the admin account on the computer (also the superuser account) cannot be accessed. The account shows up in the Users file under the Local Disk, but I can't access it by signing out and signing...
  10. My user account isn't an admin

My user account isn't an admin: I am the only person to use this laptop, and I remember a while back I somehow accidentally changed my account from being an admin to not being an admin. Now, I cannot allow any new software I download to make changes to my computer. How can I make my account back into an...