Windows 10: My account setting won't update to my current information

Discus and support My account setting won't update to my current information in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I changed my email address and name on my Microsoft account online but I can't seem to have update to my PC. The email that is shown here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Caitiursa, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Caitiursa Win User

My account setting won't update to my current information

My account setting won't update to my current information a7daae43-9e34-426b-af82-88a42bb17d20?upload=true.png

I changed my email address and name on my Microsoft account online but I can't seem to have update to my PC. The email that is shown here is no longer attached to a Microsoft account so I can't even try to log in with it. How do I get this information to update to the correct info.

:)

Caitiursa, Dec 16, 2020

2. Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 16, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. My account setting won't update to my current information - Similar Threads - account setting won't

2. How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...: I need to change the email address in my account as it is no longer active to receive emails. Problem is when I click on edit in the relevant area of my account to change my E address, M need to send me an email to my old inactive account with a code to enter in order to...
  3. How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...: I need to change the email address in my account as it is no longer active to receive emails. Problem is when I click on edit in the relevant area of my account to change my E address, M need to send me an email to my old inactive account with a code to enter in order to...
  4. My Settings won't show my Windows Update.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Settings won't show my Windows Update.: I'm trying to customize my desktop display, so I tried downloading Translucent TB on the Microsoft Store. It showed up as Error, and when I checked 'see details', it told me that my Windows Update is disabled. I went to go enable my Windows Update yet nothing is showing up. I...
  5. changing information on my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing information on my account: I want to change account information and administrater. no edit option. separated from spouse she kept computer. I got a new one but still shows her and I as administrer. when I sign in on my computer it asks for pin but shows my name and hers. just want my name to appear....
  6. Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced: I updated my Microsoft account email and username a while ago but it was never changed on my PC. If I try using "Manage my Microsoft account" it tries to sign me with an email that is no longer with a MS account. Signing in with the correct email doesn't change anything on my...
  7. Update Microsoft Account Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Microsoft Account Information: How do I update my Microsoft account contact information? The information that Microsoft has is outdated, including a phone number that I no longer used and an email account that I want to quit using. I've looked at my profile, and there is no phone information. MS insists...
  8. My Account information on the Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Account information on the Settings app in Windows 10: How will I get My Account information on Windows 10 settings app? Many people are getting it but I'm not sure why I'm not getting it. Using Windows 10 Pro Version: 1909 submitted by /u/mhs619 [link] [comments]...
  9. After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account: After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account and I can't change back to administrator. I receive notifications on every setting change with only NO as answer and requiring admin sign in ????? What are all these settings...
  10. How and when is devices information seen in my MS account updated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How and when is devices information seen in my MS account updated?: I have two computers running Windows 10. One MS Surface Go running Windows Home and a desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro. When I check the devices listed under my MS account I'm told my desktop computer has pending updates even when it reports being up to date when I check...