Windows 10: My account was acting weird, telling me it was suspended/blocked. Why? Was it hacked or...

Discus and support My account was acting weird, telling me it was suspended/blocked. Why? Was it hacked or... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Pretty much the title. I've managed to find it was saying Your account has been temporarily suspended. Why? Where can I check the reason.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SellBkb, Feb 25, 2021.

1. SellBkb Win User

My account was acting weird, telling me it was suspended/blocked. Why? Was it hacked or...

Pretty much the title. I've managed to find it was saying Your account has been temporarily suspended. Why? Where can I check the reason.

:)

SellBkb, Feb 25, 2021
  2. maranna Win User

account blocked then suspended

My Outlook.com experienced both yesterdy. I did nothing wrong, have checked for malware and followed all the steps to be normal. I was told I was unblocked then when I sent an email it said I am suspended. After an hour on the phone, to no avail, I tried this am and after verifying I was normalized.
    Someone was trying to access my account was the message that popped up.

Has this happened to you and why does this happen if you follow the rules?
    What can I do to prevent this? I read about 2 step verification but this does not seem to help in this situation.
    Thanks for listening,
    Peter

maranna, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Kbird Win User

The suspension and blocking is usually due to Spam be sent from your account...ie your account was hacked , usually they let you re verify it after a few days and get you to change the Password......

Ask friends and family if they got a Spam email from you , most may not see it unless they look in Junk Folder , usually the Spammer sends emails to all your Contacts at once but they are getting smarter only doing 30 or so at a time so it doesn't trigger M$ suspension now.

Kbird, Feb 25, 2021
  4. maranna Win User

My account was acting weird, telling me it was suspended/blocked. Why? Was it hacked or...

>>I sometimes did not close out of a site like my email. I now log off then log in Windows phone app for Android called Outlook.com.
    They are having an issue as I read a MS thread which was saying to delete this account to log off instead of saying log off. I say this because once you delete the icon stays and to use it you just enter your user name and p-word.
    This is clumsy developing at best and I think besides that there is an international language issue where delete should be log. I know that's a stretch but hopefully some one will read this thread and delete the Outlook.com mail account when done with it. It can be very costly when a company tells you your account is suspended or blocked especially if you follow the rules.
    Good chatting with you
    Peter

maranna, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. My account was acting weird, telling me it was suspended/blocked. Why? Was it hacked or... - Similar Threads - account was acting

2. Why is my windows key acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows key acting weird: Whenever I use my window key anywhere, the start menu wont come up, but for someone reason when im in the window powershell, it works. All the commands work such as windows key + G, its just the window start menu wont come up unless im in the window powershell....
  3. Why is my windows key acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my windows key acting weird: Whenever I use my window key anywhere, the start menu wont come up, but for someone reason when im in the window powershell, it works. All the commands work such as windows key + G, its just the window start menu wont come up unless im in the window powershell....
  4. Why is my windows key acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why was suspended my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was suspended my account: Why was suspended my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-suspended-my-account/4f28c6f8-9daa-43b7-83b1-99dbcb56d46b
  6. Why was suspended my account

Why was suspended my account: Why was suspended my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-suspended-my-account/4f28c6f8-9daa-43b7-83b1-99dbcb56d46b
  7. Why is my Internet acting weird???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Internet acting weird???: Hi. I have a Windows 11 PC and, within the past week or so, the internet has been acting awful. Sometimes when you boot it up, it works fine! No issues at all, perfect connection for however long I use it. But, other times when I boot it up, the Internet just refuses to work...
  8. Why is my Internet acting weird???

Why is my Internet acting weird???: Hi. I have a Windows 11 PC and, within the past week or so, the internet has been acting awful. Sometimes when you boot it up, it works fine! No issues at all, perfect connection for however long I use it. But, other times when I boot it up, the Internet just refuses to work...
  9. Microsoft account acting weird in apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account acting weird in apps: Hello! I've been trying to login to my MS account in the Store App, however, when I log in it says "We encountered an error, please try again later", and no matter how many times I try, it never works. This is the same for Xbox Companion and every other app that needs my...
  10. account blocked then suspended

in Browsers and Email
    account blocked then suspended: My Outlook.com experienced both yesterdy. I did nothing wrong, have checked for malware and followed all the steps to be normal. I was told I was unblocked then when I sent an email it said I am suspended. After an hour on the phone, to no avail, I tried this am and after...