Windows 10: My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every...

Discus and support My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every time I try to send the security code I get the red text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elias Moussabih, Apr 21, 2024.

1. My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every...

My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every time I try to send the security code I get the red text saying something went wrong.

:)

Elias Moussabih, Apr 21, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook asking cellphone number

It is part of their security system. So if your account is compromised they can send a text to your cellphone with a code to verify your identity. It is part of their 2 step verification, supposedly you can enter an alternate email address instead of a cellphone number. You have to click like you are going to enter a cell phone, and on the page to enter your number there is an option to enter an alternate email instead.

If that doesn't work try this:

Click your name or picture in the top Outlook.com navigation bar.
    Select Account settings from the menu that has appeared.
    If you are prompted for a password:
    Type your Outlook.com password over Password.
    Click Sign in.
    Open the Security info category under Overview.
    Click Help us protect your account.
    Choose whether you want to add a phone number or alternate email address under Help us protect your account.
    Enter the email address or phone number (making sure the country code is set correctly and does not appear in the phone number itself).
    Click Next.
    Look for and open an email from "Microsoft account team " with the subject "Microsoft account security code" at the email address you selected or a call or text message from Microsoft.
    If you received the code by email:
    Highlight and copy the verification code in the message.
    Paste the code over Code back at Help us protect your account.

newtekie1, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Kari Win User
    Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

4. JunkBear Win User

My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every...

Outlook asking cellphone number

Thanx but for me that's another way to get your information on what other mail provider you are using so they can know what share of market they have. None of their business if you want my opinion so they going to screw themselves!

JunkBear, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every...

1. My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every... - Similar Threads - account was locked

2. How to enter numbers in my phone's contacts list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enter numbers in my phone's contacts list?: Should I always place a "1" in front of out-of-state numbers? What about in-state numbers?I also wonder about parentheses and dashes. Would just entering 18001234567 be a problem? Or should it be: 1-800-123-4567?Does it even matter?...
  3. My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every...

My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every...: My account was locked and I was asked to enter my phone number to recieve a code but every time I try to send the security code I get the red text saying something went wrong....
  4. I recieve codes to modify my account in repetition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recieve codes to modify my account in repetition: Hi!For days, now, I recieve e-mails with a code to modify my account, but I didn't ask anything.I guess that someone tries to hack my account and I would like to know how to stop his/her continuous requests.Thanks!...
  5. I recieve codes to modify my account in repetition

I recieve codes to modify my account in repetition: Hi!For days, now, I recieve e-mails with a code to modify my account, but I didn't ask anything.I guess that someone tries to hack my account and I would like to know how to stop his/her continuous requests.Thanks!...
  6. I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...: I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that number is my only way to get access to my security so I can change the number to my new number...
  7. I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...: I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that number is my only way to get access to my security so I can change the number to my new number...
  8. I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...

9. My account is locked and when i try to send code to my phone number it says we cant send...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account is locked and when i try to send code to my phone number it says we cant send...: When i went to play minecraft it said account is locked and when i tried sending code to my phone number it says cant send code to phone number tried 3 numbers then also.... * Moved from Community Center...
  10. My account is locked and when i try to send code to my phone number it says we cant send...

My account is locked and when i try to send code to my phone number it says we cant send...: When i went to play minecraft it said account is locked and when i tried sending code to my phone number it says cant send code to phone number tried 3 numbers then also.... * Moved from Community Center...