Windows 10: My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode

Discus and support My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had an Acer Aspire 5 for about six months now and within the past month, it began to power off or crash after I would put it to sleep at night. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bibs1166, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Bibs1166 Win User

My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode

I've had an Acer Aspire 5 for about six months now and within the past month, it began to power off or crash after I would put it to sleep at night. I suspect it's crashing because no programs are open when I push the power button to bring it back to life, and Word and Excel ask me if I want to save any of the recovered documents. At first, it did it only occasionally, and now it's doing it at least twice a week. My PC's health report says there are no recent issues and all drivers and Windows 10 updates seem up-to-date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Bibs1166, Dec 20, 2020

2. My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series

My Laptop will not sleep. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 Series Laptop. Below is the screenshot of the issues that I have ran and found from Command Prompt.

My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode [​IMG]

Jesse Williams, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Vintage: Acer Aspire One 722 {Ram Questions}

Hi Captain.

While I'm not answering your question on a new AV I would suggest as a possible step, upgrading your ram.

Crucial has ram for your device. $40 (not sure about tax or shipping) Your device seems to have one slot so you would need the 4GB stick. As you are using 32bit OS you can only use of 3GB. Crucial says you have one slot for memory and tear down videos seem to confirm this.

Here is the Crucial Link. Confirm for yourself that this is the right device. (Acer Aspire One 722-0022)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...e-one-722-0022

Then here are the step by steps to replace.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+As...lacement/53216

Memory is static sensitive. Not as much of an issue when it is humid but still something to be aware of. If you don't want to buy a ground strap touch something that is grounded before starting the procedure and then don't go looking for things. Stay seated and perform. You should be fine.

External ram ??? Even if you could buy you wouldn't have port with sufficient speed to connect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 20, 2020
  4. My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode

Acer Aspire 3 and tablet mode?

should Acer Aspire 3 work in tablet mode?

KatherineBrown1, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode

1. My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire crashes

2. Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart: Essentially, I've searched around and am hesitant to do the instructions I've seen, in the instructions mentioned, a user had issues with restarting their computer like me, however it happened after an update. My PC on the other hand had just out of the blue wouldn't restart...
  3. Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart: Essentially, I've searched around and am hesitant to do the instructions I've seen, in the instructions mentioned, a user had issues with restarting their computer like me, however it happened after an update. My PC on the other hand had just out of the blue wouldn't restart...
  4. Loop 5 acer aspire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loop 5 acer aspire: I have an Acer Aspire 5, and the key 5 is pressed all the time.Is not the keyboard because when I formatted it it stopped for 1 month,Is not a virus because I formatted my pc many timesI disconnected everything from my pcIt seems unfixable *** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  5. Loop 5 acer aspire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loop 5 acer aspire: I have an Acer Aspire 5, and the key 5 is pressed all the time.Is not the keyboard because when I formatted it it stopped for 1 month,Is not a virus because I formatted my pc many timesI disconnected everything from my pcIt seems unfixable *** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  6. The mic of my acer aspire 5 stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mic of my acer aspire 5 stopped working: I was using WhatsApp web, sending a voice note, and my mic stopped working FROM NOTHING!And when I use an external mic, it's works as ussual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mic-of-my-acer-aspire-5-stopped-working/1fd4f033-350e-4ec5-aacc-904648fdbe13
  7. Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode: I put my computer in sleep mode quite often and have never had a problem. But for the past couple of days, my computer crashes blue screen with a windows stop code when I put it to sleep. It doesn't happen the first time I put it to sleep -- only the second time?!? I've...
  8. KEYBOARD LAYOUT OF ACER ASPIRE 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    KEYBOARD LAYOUT OF ACER ASPIRE 5: New laptop, Acer Aspire5 keyboard has keys that have more than one character, how do I access the character I want to use...cannot use question mark key because it selects french version of letter E with accent mark....
  9. Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode: So, I downloaded Gears 5 but whenever I go to play it within 5 minutes my laptop enters sleep mode. I don’t know why it is doing this since my laptop is more than capable of running Gears. Does anyone know of a solution, can point me in the right direction of one or can help...
  10. Acer Aspire 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire 5: Ive recently bought an acer aspire 5 A515 52 laptop. It was advertised as having a backlit keyboard which is one of the main reason I bought this laptop over the others. I cannot figure out how to turn it on, ive looked through settings and tried fn+f9. Does anyone know how...