Windows 10: my Acer desktop crashed during update to Win 10.

Discus and support my Acer desktop crashed during update to Win 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On rebooting after running Win10 update, my Acer Aspire computer gave me error message "Location is not available" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarryHeimlich, Nov 30, 2018.

1. my Acer desktop crashed during update to Win 10.

On rebooting after running Win10 update, my Acer Aspire computer gave me error message "Location is not available" and "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. ... If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted."

I tried many things to no avail including attempted to recovery from the recovery disk on USB thumb drive. I have my data files backed up and was able to copy to thumb drive through Task Manager since File Explorer still worked. Also, my apps like pdf reader and MS Word also functioned. But I couldn't get to my Windows desktop. I decided to attempt a clean reinstall. I downloaded the media creation tool and attempted to run it. It would not run. I got following message: "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

I tried a number of different options from recover menu. Now my computer won't reboot at all or send a signal to my monitor. What do I do now??

Please help.

:)

BarryHeimlich, Nov 30, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 30, 2018
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Nov 30, 2018
  4. my Acer desktop crashed during update to Win 10.

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

my Acer desktop crashed during update to Win 10.

1. my Acer desktop crashed during update to Win 10. - Similar Threads - Acer desktop crashed

2. Win 10 Professional version crashed during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Professional version crashed during game: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHLUDuBNO4utgWFKGr1cr5IWX1ndmp file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-professional-version-crashed-during-game/8e699f05-0abe-4f96-9654-dfa572ca83d3
  3. Win 10 Professional version crashed during game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Professional version crashed during game: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHLUDuBNO4utgWFKGr1cr5IWX1ndmp file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-professional-version-crashed-during-game/8e699f05-0abe-4f96-9654-dfa572ca83d3
  4. win 10 App crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 App crash to desktop: An App Analookw Ive been using for years now crashes to desktop everytime I use it. My updates are all in, I have reloaded the program several times to no availHeres the errot reportFaulting application name: AnalookW.exe, version: 0.4.6.5, time stamp: 0x60f45147Faulting...
  5. win 10 App crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 App crash to desktop: An App Analookw Ive been using for years now crashes to desktop everytime I use it. My updates are all in, I have reloaded the program several times to no availHeres the errot reportFaulting application name: AnalookW.exe, version: 0.4.6.5, time stamp: 0x60f45147Faulting...
  6. win 10 App crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. PC Crashed during Win update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Crashed during Win update: My PC is now stuck when opening up or closing down, I can get to the safe mode and the Troubleshoot page after 3 failed attempts to boot. nothing works , I tried : Uninstall updates it says there is one pending and cant do it reset pc goes through the motions 20%-100%...
  8. Crash during update

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash during update: my system crashed during an insider up ate and now cannot boot, I'm thinking something messes up the MBR and don't remember how to fix it. I have to go to this screen to boot. Samsung was my boot drive. [img] [img] 149166
  9. 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates: I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off....
  10. windows 10 crashed during an update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 crashed during an update !: unable to recover/repair. I had to buy a new hard drive, download W10, and am now having to contact each manufacturer of each app to get help re-installing their packages. 4 days so far and likely to extend to 2 weeks. Why does Microsoft force updates that cause computers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop acer shows location unavailable