Windows 10: My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed.

Discus and support My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have run both the battery report and the sleep study but neither one recognizes the discharge that occurs during sleep. So I am not getting any info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenjIrvin, Jan 25, 2023.

1. BenjIrvin Win User

My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed.

I have run both the battery report and the sleep study but neither one recognizes the discharge that occurs during sleep. So I am not getting any info there on the possible cause. Connected Standby is not supported, per the report. Typical scenario is I close the laptop in the evening with 60% battery left. Starting in the am it initially reports ~60% but within a minute it refreshes that to something close to zero and abruptly goes into hibernation. Any clues to TS this? SYSTEM PRODUCT NAMEAcer Spin SP314-51BIOSV1.08 08/01/2018OS BUILD19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406PLATFORM ROLEM

:)

BenjIrvin, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed.

1. My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed. - Similar Threads - Acer laptop battery

2. My Acer laptop battery drains when the laptop is turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Acer laptop battery drains when the laptop is turned off: My Acer Aspire 5 battery stays hot and drains when the computer is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-acer-laptop-battery-drains-when-the-laptop-is/22297863-8924-48e2-84c4-a14a0e2b7513
  3. My Acer laptop battery drains when the laptop is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer laptop battery drains when the laptop is turned off: My Acer Aspire 5 battery stays hot and drains when the computer is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-acer-laptop-battery-drains-when-the-laptop-is/22297863-8924-48e2-84c4-a14a0e2b7513
  4. My Acer laptop battery drains when the laptop is turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11: Technically either in sleep mode or with Lid Closed the system should be shut without any background activity but i have been facing this issue where even if i put the system to sleep mode or close the lid, the system still keeps running. the battery drains a lot and this is...
  6. My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed.

My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed.: I have run both the battery report and the sleep study but neither one recognizes the discharge that occurs during sleep. So I am not getting any info there on the possible cause. Connected Standby is not supported, per the report. Typical scenario is I close the laptop in...
  7. My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer laptop battery drains while in standby screen closed.: I have run both the battery report and the sleep study but neither one recognizes the discharge that occurs during sleep. So I am not getting any info there on the possible cause. Connected Standby is not supported, per the report. Typical scenario is I close the laptop in...
  8. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...
  9. Battery Drains While Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Drains While Shutdown: Split from this thread. I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over night on either sleep or hibernation. Prior to this it was fine. This seems to be a common problem. Any advice...
  10. Excessive standby drain?

Excessive standby drain?: My new HP Spectre x360 (i7-7500U / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD / Windows 10 Home x64) seems to lose a bit much in terms of battery life. Out of the box, it's set to stay in standby mode for 3 hours before hibernating. I have since changed it to just 60 minutes of standby before...