Windows 10: my acer laptop won't show a window that i can enter a pin number in

Discus and support my acer laptop won't show a window that i can enter a pin number in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i just got this laptop its new. i have been having problems trying to login. i've had to change the pin several times because it won't accept my pin.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by doritatu, Feb 9, 2019.

1. doritatu Win User

my acer laptop won't show a window that i can enter a pin number in

i just got this laptop its new. i have been having problems trying to login. i've had to change the pin several times because it won't accept my pin. now it won't even give me a window to enter a pin into

:)

doritatu, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Joythar K Win User
    How to disable entering a pin number at start up?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated. I understand your concern and I am glad to help.

Try the below steps and check if that helps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Look for PIN. Since you have already created a pin, you should be getting option as
      Forgot my PIN, click on that.
    • Now click on Continue.
    • Don’t enter the pin details and click on Cancel.
    • Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Joythar K, Feb 9, 2019
  4. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

Thema:

1. my acer laptop won't show a window that i can enter a pin number in - Similar Threads - acer laptop won't

2. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  3. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  4. Entering pin option is not showing on my HP laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering pin option is not showing on my HP laptop windows 11: In my windows 11 HP laptop entering the password option is not showing . please resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-pin-option-is-not-showing-on-my-hp-laptop/f5e7567c-fca9-43db-a0ed-d58a45f9e93c
  5. Entering pin option is not showing on my HP laptop windows 11

Entering pin option is not showing on my HP laptop windows 11: In my windows 11 HP laptop entering the password option is not showing . please resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-pin-option-is-not-showing-on-my-hp-laptop/f5e7567c-fca9-43db-a0ed-d58a45f9e93c
  6. numbers 01234789 won’t work on my laptop so i can’t enter my pin!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    numbers 01234789 won’t work on my laptop so i can’t enter my pin!: numbers 12347890 won’t work on my laptop suddenly so i am unable to put in my pin to gain access to my laptop! i saw something about pressing numlock but my keyboard doesn’t have that key; also tried holding down ctrl + alt + the “super keys”, but nothing has worked! HELP...
  7. numbers 01234789 won’t work on my laptop so i can’t enter my pin!

numbers 01234789 won’t work on my laptop so i can’t enter my pin!: numbers 12347890 won’t work on my laptop suddenly so i am unable to put in my pin to gain access to my laptop! i saw something about pressing numlock but my keyboard doesn’t have that key; also tried holding down ctrl + alt + the “super keys”, but nothing has worked! HELP...
  8. Pin Number and Enter

Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  9. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  10. Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything: When the pin number request pops when starting up my computer, the box where you would put your pin number flashes something and the message incorrect pin number shows before I enter anything. If I use mouse to click on "try again", same thing happens. If I hit any key on...