Windows 10: My Acer Laptop's Charging Plugged-in Keeps Turning On & Off itself

Discus and support My Acer Laptop's Charging Plugged-in Keeps Turning On & Off itself in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Similar issue 2018: HERE My 2-year-old laptop Windows 10 Pro, version 1909 keeps cut off and resume the charging repeatedly, nonstop. The beep audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zyv2, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Zyv2 Win User

My Acer Laptop's Charging Plugged-in Keeps Turning On & Off itself

Similar issue 2018: HERE

My 2-year-old laptop Windows 10 Pro, version 1909 keeps cut off and resume the charging repeatedly, nonstop. The beep audio cue won't stop too. This issue happened to me once, few months ago. That time my laptop somehow magically fixed it itself, but not this time.

What I did:

- Run useless Windows troubleshooter

- Make sure AC adapter is plugged in properly

- Make sure the charger is working properly, by testing my laptop with another working charger

- Reinstall batteries drivers

- Complete all pending updates

- Wall outlet is working fine even tried to switch different outlet and no power outage

- A million times of restart

- Google for solution

I notice it has a pattern - the battery percentage stuck at 92-93%. I did a small test, I plug off the charger and drain the battery down to 77% then plug it back in, let charge for 10-15 mins. During the charging I pay full attention and it's charging perfectly fine until 91-92%, the issue kicks in again. I personally think that it's very unlikely a faulty battery issue, but I can't figure out the cause.

Few times of the start-up booting, when it's loading the black loading screen with green Acer brand logo I see a line of sentence like "scan and repair drive - [a line of unreadable code] 100% complete". I can't remember what exactly it was because it briefly showed up for only 1-2s and load in just as usual. First time see this, I don't know if this has something to do with.

I'm sorry if this gets too long too much, I'm trying to give as much info as I can and hope someone can provide me practical solution.

:)

2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Aug 10, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. My Acer Laptop's Charging Plugged-in Keeps Turning On & Off itself - Similar Threads - Acer Laptop's Charging

2. Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & charging is turned ON / OFF.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & charging is turned ON / OFF.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My laptop charger is plugged off removed from charging port, I try to restart my laptop, It restarts properly. → When My laptop...
  3. Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & charging is turned ON / OFF.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & charging is turned ON / OFF.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My laptop charger is plugged off removed from charging port, I try to restart my laptop, It restarts properly. → When My laptop...
  4. My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself: The laptop is just turning off and on by itself, the screen won’t turn on either so I’m unable to do anything with bios or settings, I’ve tried a couple things and even let it die to see if when I plugged it back in that it may do something. I don’t really know what else I...
  5. My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself

My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself: The laptop is just turning off and on by itself, the screen won’t turn on either so I’m unable to do anything with bios or settings, I’ve tried a couple things and even let it die to see if when I plugged it back in that it may do something. I don’t really know what else I...
  6. My laptop turns off by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  7. My laptop turns off by itself.

My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  8. Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!: First post but this is driving me crazy. I can't find anyone else struggling with this. My laptop suddenly turned itself off and the battery was dead...properly dead. It would still work while plugged in but would sporadically turn itself off. So I ordered a new battery...
  9. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...