Windows 10: My actual desktop isn't located within my User's Desktop...

Discus and support My actual desktop isn't located within my User's Desktop... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So after realizing that this isn't what usually happens, I tried to resolve the problem but my inadequate knowledge of windows 10 and my pc failed me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by greenhamster, Dec 1, 2019.

1. My actual desktop isn't located within my User's Desktop...

So after realizing that this isn't what usually happens, I tried to resolve the problem but my inadequate knowledge of windows 10 and my pc failed me. Basically, the desktop folder that I've been using to store all my files, apps, and folders is a separate folder than my C:/Users/username/Desktop. It hasn't always been a problem, but since I'll be working with code within my Users folder, it isn't feasible to continue copying and pasting every time I download something. How can I allow these two to sync up or is there some other solution to this? Thanks.

:)

greenhamster, Dec 1, 2019

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Cyndera80 Win User
    Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, Dec 1, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

My actual desktop isn't located within my User's Desktop...

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

My actual desktop isn't located within my User's Desktop...

1. My actual desktop isn't located within my User's Desktop... - Similar Threads - actual desktop isn't

2. Why has my computer automatically made my desktop within onedrive? when i don't actually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my computer automatically made my desktop within onedrive? when i don't actually...: So i Had a new pc little under a year ago and i just realized after deleting my onedrive folders and uninstalling onedrive deleting stuff inside recycle bin that my DESKTOP folder was actually in there, so my folders and stuff have dissapeared and there is no DESKTOP folder...
  3. Why has my computer automatically made my desktop within onedrive? when i don't actually...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my computer automatically made my desktop within onedrive? when i don't actually...: So i Had a new pc little under a year ago and i just realized after deleting my onedrive folders and uninstalling onedrive deleting stuff inside recycle bin that my DESKTOP folder was actually in there, so my folders and stuff have dissapeared and there is no DESKTOP folder...
  4. Why has my computer automatically made my desktop within onedrive? when i don't actually...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder: Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue. 171578
  6. My WhatsApp Desktop isn't opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WhatsApp Desktop isn't opening.: Just today morning, I was able to open WhatsApp and it worked just fine until today evening when I wasn't able to open my WhatsApp desktop no matter how much I clicked. I then proceeded to uninstall and reinstall it and it worked until I closed it. Now, when I click the icon,...
  7. showing wrong location of my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    showing wrong location of my desktop: my desktop is showing wrong location. how can i correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-wrong-location-of-my-desktop/4d8f6cf4-25da-45e2-a8a2-38735a5a33e0
  8. Actual location of my Library Folders/Files in my user directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Actual location of my Library Folders/Files in my user directory: There seems to be quite a few helpful web pages/tutorials on creating/using Libraries. This seems to be really great site for that. To qualify my help request - I know how to create and use Libraries. I do that a lot. So, this post is different - I need to add their...
  9. Changing users on my desktop

Changing users on my desktop: How do I change my user access on my desktop, I am currently logged in as a visitor however I now want to log in under my own user name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-users-on-my-desktop/37ac588c-555b-4391-968d-fea956578248
  10. Wrong location on my desktop

Wrong location on my desktop: Computer thinks our server is in a location 60 miles from where we actually are. It has been this way for years even though we've moved offices twice, the location used when we use our browsers, etc... stays in Titusville, FL and not in Orlando. How can I fix this?...