Windows 10: My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

Discus and support My admin account changed to guest! WTH!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, need some help I haven't been able to find anything useful in the forums thus far. I was making some changed in my admin account (I'm the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Giancarlo Sardi, Nov 30, 2018.

1. My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

Hi guys, need some help I haven't been able to find anything useful in the forums thus far. I was making some changed in my admin account (I'm the only user) so I didn't have to enter a password after every login and after some changes found my account to have been converted to a "guest" account, thus am unable to make any further changes since I'm not an admin any longer. I have zero ability to change anything back to admin since now my account seems to be a guest account. To make matters worse, I was trying to do some activating of the built-in admin account that some people advise through safe mode, but Bitlocker asks me for the recovery key, which I don't have (for whatever reason I can't access it from my windows account), so I'm stuck without beign able to proceed. I even tried to "reset PC," but it was not successful. Not sure what other options I have at this point but looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance!

:)

Giancarlo Sardi, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Nov 30, 2018
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Nov 30, 2018
  4. My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

1. My admin account changed to guest! WTH!! - Similar Threads - admin account changed

2. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account: I accidentally switched my admin account to a guest account so now I want to get it to an admin account but when I try to open the command promptadmin or change settings, my pc ask for administrator permission but I can't allow it because now my account is a guest. And also I...
  6. Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest: I wonder if you will be able to advise on the following issue:. I have recently changed the local user profile from admin to guest. The user can no longer see things saved to the desktop and to his local machine , favorite tabs in chrome are missing and he can no longer...
  7. My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.: I recently noticed somebody changed my account from admin to guest. Is there any way I could get my account back to admin? (Without resseting my PC?) And, what is the hidden Administrator account password?...
  8. Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change: Hello everybody, I hope somebody can help me with this as I've been searching through all forums for the past 4 hours and i'm about to loose my head. A couple weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account name (It seemed that some games needed that as my name has special...
  9. User Account changed from Admin to Guest

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account changed from Admin to Guest: Dear people of the Tenforums, I could use your advice. On Saturday I decided to give new Windows 10 (it picked Home Edition by itself) a try. Previous version was Windows 7. After a flawless install I have seen that something on my C: partition is using a lot of...
  10. Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account: I am trying to change my user account from guest to admin as many things aren't working right. I have tried cmd -> netplwiz and it asks me for an admin password, but gives me no box to type it in. Even if it did, I don't know what the admin password is. I have two accounts...