Windows 10: My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10

Discus and support My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My son has a user on our Windows 10 pc. When we are logged into his account and try to perform admin-rights operations, then my admin password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ronnylandsverk2, Dec 24, 2018.

1. My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10

My son has a user on our Windows 10 pc. When we are logged into his account and try to perform admin-rights operations, then my admin password (Microsoft account) is wrong (it says wrong username or passw).

When I'm logged into my account (admin), then there are no such problems because I don't have to specify any password.

Is it possible that the Windows 10 admin-password is different from the Microsoft-account password for the admin user?

If so, then how can I specify the W10 admin-password for my account ?

:)

ronnylandsverk2, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 24, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10

Windows users can't log in

It'll be affected by the group policy settings too It's possible that our OP's workplace may have prevented logons without the domain controller being available, for security reasons.

@slim142 Is the local admin account active on the PCs and with a known password? You could get in that way, however, this is often disabled or restricted for some reason by group policy for security reasons.

Now, if the local admin account is active, but the password isn't known, then there are always Windows password cracks discs out there...

qubit, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10

1. My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - admin password doesn't

2. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin password in child user doesn't work: Hi everyone,I recently added a user in Windows 10 for my kid. When logging into his user, I saw that for some reason my desktop was sort of duplicated on his newly minted user's desktop. When trying to delete all the shortcuts from there which are blocked anyhow, I saw the...
  3. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin password in child user doesn't work: Hi everyone,I recently added a user in Windows 10 for my kid. When logging into his user, I saw that for some reason my desktop was sort of duplicated on his newly minted user's desktop. When trying to delete all the shortcuts from there which are blocked anyhow, I saw the...
  4. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Invalid username/password when logging into Windows 10 but not when using "Other user"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Invalid username/password when logging into Windows 10 but not when using "Other user": Hi all,I have a user that is experiencing this issue where they put in their correct credentials on the login screen that already has their user profile saved as the default login but they get "Invalid username/error." However, when they try to login under "Other user" and...
  6. Invalid username/password when logging into Windows 10 but not when using "Other user"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid username/password when logging into Windows 10 but not when using "Other user": Hi all,I have a user that is experiencing this issue where they put in their correct credentials on the login screen that already has their user profile saved as the default login but they get "Invalid username/error." However, when they try to login under "Other user" and...
  7. Invalid username/password when logging into Windows 10 but not when using "Other user"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 admin stuck on 'Welcome' when logging in. Other Users work fine.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 admin stuck on 'Welcome' when logging in. Other Users work fine.: Hi all,Today my laptop was running rather slowly so I closed all my open tabs and apps far too many were open and then restarted my laptop.The laptop turns on fine, however when I the admin log into my account, the login gets no further than displaying 'welcome'.I have left...
  9. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  10. password for admin user not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password for admin user not working: I cannot sign-in to my administrative user account. my password does not work. help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-admin-user-not-working/d189dfbd-33cc-4f5c-9be7-a74baa2c84e6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password doesnt work for administrator windows 10