Windows 10: My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

Discus and support My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheFadh, Sep 18, 2019.

1. TheFadh Win User

My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the account is the only account in the system i didn't activate default the guest and/or the administrator account.

:)

TheFadh, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Change local account into administrator

Hi Ankit,

We appreciate you for providing these necessary information. We have another way on how to change your local account user into administrator account. Please follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account, and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
    • Click OK to complete the task.

Note: If you are using an Administrator account, you could use the same instructions to change the type to a Standard User account.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Change local account into administrator

my user account has been changed from administrator to local account and I am unable to do change it.

please help me

whenever I try to change by various methods it just show a dialogue box where it ask for admin user name and password but there is no box to enter details.

So what can I do?

how will I change local account to administrator.

I had uses these methods to change this -

• by run command controlpasswords2
    • by cmd command prompt
    • by user accounts

but every it shows that dialogue box. I also pressed tab key for the box but it only moves between option of "No" and "Show more details".

Ankit Yadav2, Sep 18, 2019
  4. darylt Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

I followed the steps that were in the original reply.

Change my account to local
    Change to MS account using wifes credentials

darylt, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

1. My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back - Similar Threads - Administrator account changed

2. My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(: I cannot make any changes or remove Apps. I have two Account. My Account to startup with shows as only Local.... How do I make it Administrator? I cannot add or remove anything. Help.......
  3. Changing Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Administrator Account: I have a bit of a dilemma. I purchased a new laptop last year while I was teaching at a university. I initially set up my administrator account through my university account since it used Office 365. I subsequently left the university and, since I had been using a PIN to...
  4. changing account type back to administrator group

changing account type back to administrator group: Hi everyone, I accidentally changed the only active admin account type of my Win 10 to users group. As I didn't backed up the bitlocker key I'm in a bad trouble. i can't even reset my windows because of this. and due to same problem i can't activate the built in administrator...
  5. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...
  6. change account type to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change account type to local account: Why change account type to local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-to-local-account/da9d0232-02dc-4c00-a93f-785072c885f3"
  7. I can not access administrator acccount or change my local account privilages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not access administrator acccount or change my local account privilages: My story begins when I accidentally set my local account from being an admin account to device owner group. It takes all of my accessibility away and now I am stuck with an account that does not let me modify my setting. When i check the account in CMD, it said that my local...
  8. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account: When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data....
  9. I can't change my account back to Admin

I can't change my account back to Admin: So this morning I allegedly performed a dumb decision to radically change my personal account to standard and I can't really go back and I tried switching it to admin again... Also, I had to frantically search for 4 terrible hours on how to fix this and there were no...
  10. Can't change to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change to local account: When I try to change to a local account on my 10 machine I get this message "The password you entered isn't complex enough to meet this PC's requirements. Please go back and try a password that contains numbers, letters and symbols" The password does contain letters,...