Windows 10: My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

Discus and support My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheFadh, Sep 18, 2019.

1. TheFadh Win User

My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the account is the only account in the system i didn't activate default the guest and/or the administrator account.

:)

TheFadh, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Change local account into administrator

Hi Ankit,

We appreciate you for providing these necessary information. We have another way on how to change your local account user into administrator account. Please follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account, and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
    • Click OK to complete the task.

Note: If you are using an Administrator account, you could use the same instructions to change the type to a Standard User account.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Change local account into administrator

my user account has been changed from administrator to local account and I am unable to do change it.

please help me

whenever I try to change by various methods it just show a dialogue box where it ask for admin user name and password but there is no box to enter details.

So what can I do?

how will I change local account to administrator.

I had uses these methods to change this -

• by run command controlpasswords2
    • by cmd command prompt
    • by user accounts

but every it shows that dialogue box. I also pressed tab key for the box but it only moves between option of "No" and "Show more details".

Ankit Yadav2, Sep 18, 2019
  4. darylt Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

I followed the steps that were in the original reply.

Change my account to local
    Change to MS account using wifes credentials

darylt, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

1. My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back - Similar Threads - Administrator account changed

2. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  3. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  4. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to change Local Account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Local Account to Administrator: I can't change Local to Administrator so this is how it look like: Enter Username and Passwordbut I'm on my only account so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-account-to-administrator/a1bed261-609c-4af9-96ac-651d22812ac2
  6. Can't change account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change account to Administrator: I only have one user on my windows 10 computer and I can't change it to an Administrator. The UAC pops up everytime and there is only NO option. I have trying everything i could see for other posts and nothing works. Here is what I've tried: 1Go to user accounts and change...
  7. I can't change back to a Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change back to a Local Account: I need to change my profile on Windows back to a Local Account (after being dragged into it by Microsoft Store). When I try to find the option, there isn't an option where it should be. Microsoft Support is also asking for remote access to my PC (which I said no to). Does...
  8. I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.

I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.: I have 2 accounts on my laptop right now. The administrator account was the one I first logged in with this laptop and later, I added my second Microsoft account. I want to change my old account to a local user so I can change the Microsoft account on my second account to...
  9. Changed microsoft account to local account and now i can't change it back...

Changed microsoft account to local account and now i can't change it back...: Like the title says, i accidentally switched my microsoft account to a local account and would like to change it back. I was having problems with sync and thought that doing that would fix it. just made things worse... When I try to login to my microsoft account, I go from...
  10. Can't change to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change to local account: When I try to change to a local account on my 10 machine I get this message "The password you entered isn't complex enough to meet this PC's requirements. Please go back and try a password that contains numbers, letters and symbols" The password does contain letters,...