Windows 10: My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now.

Discus and support My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm going to say everything I did from the beginning. At first I created a new user account, everything was normal and there weren't any issues. Then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ivo Galev, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Ivo Galev Win User

My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now.

I'm going to say everything I did from the beginning.

At first I created a new user account, everything was normal and there weren't any issues. Then when I made this account the administrator, something really strange happened with the account, when I go into it, it says "Preparing Windows", which I don't think is normal. After it opens it says it can't sign in and I'd have to sign out and then in again. I do it and then the same message appears. There are other issues on this account, for some reason I can't open the search bar, the settings or the windows startup. After some research, I decided to do a system restore, unfortunately, when I go to page where you can choose which user, it only shows the administrator account. The thing is that none of my passwords work for this "administrator" account. I've thought of doing a full reinstall of windows 10, but first I'll ask for some help.

:)

Ivo Galev, Mar 18, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 18, 2021
  3. John Zab Win User
    windows 10 administrator account disappeared

Hi,

To further isolate the issue regarding with the missing admin account, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which steps have you tried previously?
    • The admin account you lost, was it a Microsoft account or local account?
    In the meantime, you can enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC by trying these steps:

• Press Windows + X then select Run.
    • Type net user administrator / active:yes.
    • Close the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • The built-in administrator account will now be available to sign-into.
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Mar 18, 2021
  4. My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now.

administrator account disappeared

Hi Kimberly, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you enable hidden administrator account on your computer so that you can log in to the hidden admin account and check your original account.

Step 1: Tap on the Start Menu - Look for Command Prompt and Right-click on it - Run As Administrator - Type in the following command and click on Enter

net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2:

- Type in Exit and click on Enter.

- Restart the computer once - Log in to your Original Account. Check the error messages.

NighthawkX, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now.

1. My administrator account disappeared and I cant access it now. - Similar Threads - administrator account disappeared

2. I cannot access my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...
  3. I forgot my password to my administrator account, now i cant do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to my administrator account, now i cant do anything: I recently changed my password to something more complex but now ive forgotten it, so i can no longer access the admin account on my PC, luckily i had a backup user for another purpose but until i get my admin account, i cant do anything that i have to. is there a way i can...
  4. I forgot my password to my administrator account, now i cant do anything

I forgot my password to my administrator account, now i cant do anything: I recently changed my password to something more complex but now ive forgotten it, so i can no longer access the admin account on my PC, luckily i had a backup user for another purpose but until i get my admin account, i cant do anything that i have to. is there a way i can...
  5. I forgot my password to my administrator account, now i cant do anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...: I unknownigly deleted my admin account now in a local account, I need a way to create a new user or make myself admin again. Help! me in this situation as quick as possiblei dont have a image to show yet i have this same problem but no admin...
  7. I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...

I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...: I unknownigly deleted my admin account now in a local account, I need a way to create a new user or make myself admin again. Help! me in this situation as quick as possiblei dont have a image to show yet i have this same problem but no admin...
  8. I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Administrator account disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account disappeared: Hello, So basically I think that I made my administrator account disappear. If I remember correctly I manually changed the administrator account's user in the program files folder which had a letter "ā" to a simple "a". After I applied the changes the search bar stopped...
  10. administrator account disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator account disappeared: I’ve just changed the name of administrator account and get it unavailable. I have an error when trying to do anything on my computer, including problems with opening settings, locking the screen etc. The user accounts list disappeared, so I can't add a new user. The error...