Windows 10: My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated.

Discus and support My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have this problem for months now. I cannot go back to my Administrator account. The thing is that I accidentally logged out of the account and now I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AdaŽivković, Jan 8, 2021.

1. My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated.

I have this problem for months now. I cannot go back to my Administrator account. The thing is that I accidentally logged out of the account and now I cannot install anything. And I cannot activate Windows 10 because I don't have an Admin account.

:)

AdaŽivković, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated. :(

Zakin, Jan 8, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 8, 2021
  4. My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated.

Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated.

1. My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated. - Similar Threads - Administrator Account Missing

2. Administrator permissions missing in my windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator permissions missing in my windows account.: hey,so, I have 2 accounts on my windows 11:one is a local administrator account that has all the permissions I needed so far to access anything.the second is a windows account the kind that allows sync on multiple machines.on this second account I get an error when trying to...
  3. Administrator permissions missing in my windows account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator permissions missing in my windows account.: hey,so, I have 2 accounts on my windows 11:one is a local administrator account that has all the permissions I needed so far to access anything.the second is a windows account the kind that allows sync on multiple machines.on this second account I get an error when trying to...
  4. Asked To Deactivate My Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asked To Deactivate My Account: Dear MSCSI have just received this email in my junk box.Is it something that I should worry about?I have a made a screenshot of the post and the heading address attached.I believe this is the first time I have seen this type of scareware....
  5. Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account: How can I deactivate my windows 10 account from my laptop before selling it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deactivating-my-windows-10-microsoft-account/a8fbe3f8-2466-4b39-b961-6eacaaacdaa0
  6. Deactivated Device From My Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivated Device From My Account: Dear MSCS I deactivated a device from my account, but am not sure what happens after I did that. I reinstalled the device for someone else while they were on holiday for me to give them and am hoping that they will be able to add their account instead on a working...
  7. Administrator account missing win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account missing win 10: I have recently up dated from Win 7 pro to Win 10 using the, 'saving all my data and programs option', this appeared to work OK. On Win 7 I had two accounts, Admin, which had administrator privileges, and a password, and a normal everyday account without Administrator...
  8. Missing administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing administrator account: Reset Windows. Now only have local accounts. No administrator. * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/missing-administrator-account/d14ca5ed-7b4f-4d32-9423-ff2f8391f114"
  9. Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account: So I have an old admin account on my computer, that I dont remember the password for because I haven't used it in over a year. I started using my administrator account and when I upgraded to win10, it automatically disabled my administrator account and now i can't login to...
  10. Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account: I run a pretty simple setup at home so the family don't have to call the IT Guy everytime the computer beeps. I have a computer name 'COMPUTER', I have a local computer account 'COMPUTER' and the account has a password 'COMPUTER'. Pretty simple and totally unsafe but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing admin acc pc windows 10