Windows 10: My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

Discus and support My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My adult account which I have had for years has suddenly asked for parental consent. When I put in my email address and password to say I give consent,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kate S1617, May 12, 2023.

1. My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

My adult account which I have had for years has suddenly asked for parental consent. When I put in my email address and password to say I give consent, it takes me back to the first message asking for parental consent. I am unable to access my emails at all. I have been in contact with the Microsoft support chat and they have said my account has been changed to a child’s account and referred me to you. I have changed my password but am still unable to access my account.

:)

Kate S1617, May 12, 2023

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 12, 2023
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Changing a child account to an adult account

Hello David,

Once your son reaches 18 years old, the system will automatically change his profile to adult. If it's still showing as a child account even he already reached 18 years old, we recommend checking the article about
    How do I change the birthdate on a Microsoft account? and then follow the steps underI'm a parent, trying to change my child's birthdate on this
    link. If the issue persists, we suggest taking the two options from the article about
    I’m an adult, but my account thinks I’m a child.

Once you're done, let us know the result.

Ernie San, May 12, 2023
  4. My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

Change child account to an Adult account

Hi,

For most people, in most regions

Sign in to Your info on the Microsoft account website.

Select Edit your personal info.

Change your birthdate, and select Save.

For child accounts, in some regions

If the birthdate on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online.

I'm a parent, trying to change my child's birthdate

Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your Family page on the Microsoft account website.

Select Manage my child's profile info.

For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

I’m an adult, but my account thinks I’m a child

To change your own account from a child account to a full account, you need to prove that you're an adult. You have two options:

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, May 12, 2023
Thema:

My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

1. My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account. - Similar Threads - adult account has

2. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  3. My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.: My adult account which I have had for years has suddenly asked for parental consent. When I put in my email address and password to say I give consent, it takes me back to the first message asking for parental consent. I am unable to access my emails at all. I have been in...
  4. My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.: My adult account which I have had for years has suddenly asked for parental consent. When I put in my email address and password to say I give consent, it takes me back to the first message asking for parental consent. I am unable to access my emails at all. I have been in...
  5. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  6. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  7. I can't change my child account to an adult account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my child account to an adult account: So, here is the thing: I am not in a family. According to my account, I am over 18 years old. Still, I have a child account and can't change my profile picture, for example. How do I solve this?...
  8. Change adult account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change adult account to child account: Change adult account to child account I am new to Microsoft. I bought my son an Xbox One console in 2014, in the setup process, I was asked to set up a Microsoft account with parental support, so I set up my hotmail account and created an outlook email account for him. com...
  9. Changing an adult account into a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  10. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...