Windows 10: my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

Discus and support my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried fixing this with the regular Microsoft support and tried multiple devices but the option to change the date of birth never showed up on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kali Borer, May 24, 2023.

1. my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

I tried fixing this with the regular Microsoft support and tried multiple devices but the option to change the date of birth never showed up on the organizer account

:)

Kali Borer, May 24, 2023
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 24, 2023
  3. Setting up microsoft accounts for family safety - Windows 10

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but having tried everything you suggested - again. I had tried all these things initially and only raised the question when I ran out of things to try!

I still get the same problem. When attempting to following the steps below, the problem occurs at step 3 - when trying to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". This is where the unhelpful "Oops something went wrong" message occurs when entering the
    windows password "for the last time".

The child's Microsoft account does exist, and I can log in to it via a web browser, but I don't seem to be able to link it to the account he logs in to the PC with. The troubleshooter just detects the fact that he is not logged in with a Microsoft account
    (I ran this with both my account, which is fine, and then when logged in with the child's account)!

Check your child’s account on the PC that your child uses

• Have your child sign in to the PC.

• Open Settings, then select Accounts.

• Select Your account.

• If your child doesn’t currently sign in with a Microsoft account, select
        Sign in with a Microsoft account instead and enter their email address.

• If an email address is already associated with their account, make a note of it. You’ll use it to add their Microsoft account to your family at

account.microsoft.com/family

MikeBushnell, May 24, 2023
  4. my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

help set wrong age cant do anything

When making the account along time ago i set it to the wrong age and now when i try to use the game dvr and custom gamerpic on pc and xbox app it doesnt let me because "Only accounts of the age of 18 can ect" i left the family and rejoined the family as
    a adult account and set it to right birthday to the right year but still is being stubborn please tell me a fix or Microsoft just remove the absurd age restrictions on custom gamer and dvr please.

THE XENO KING, May 24, 2023
Thema:

my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

1. my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account... - Similar Threads - age wrong microsoft

2. I can't edit my birthday on my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't edit my birthday on my Microsoft account.: My Microsoft account says that I'm 4 years old, but I'm not. I have spoken with chat already and they said to post on this forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-edit-my-birthday-on-my-microsoft-account/2d734123-d3a8-40fd-86b8-992d35c9c787
  3. I can't edit my birthday on my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't edit my birthday on my Microsoft account.: My Microsoft account says that I'm 4 years old, but I'm not. I have spoken with chat already and they said to post on this forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-edit-my-birthday-on-my-microsoft-account/2d734123-d3a8-40fd-86b8-992d35c9c787
  4. my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...: I tried fixing this with the regular Microsoft support and tried multiple devices but the option to change the date of birth never showed up on the organizer account...
  5. my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

my age is wrong in microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...: I tried fixing this with the regular Microsoft support and tried multiple devices but the option to change the date of birth never showed up on the organizer account...
  6. my age is wrong is microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my age is wrong is microsoft but i can't edit it through family settings or my account...: I tried fixing this with the regular Microsoft support and tried multiple devices but the option to change the date of birth never showed up on the organizer account...
  7. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group: - i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but gave in his information date of birth- I'm an apple user but recently bought a windows laptop. signed in with my email...
  8. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group: - i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but gave in his information date of birth- I'm an apple user but recently bought a windows laptop. signed in with my email...
  9. My account is set to a wrong age, and i cant change it to my actual age

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account is set to a wrong age, and i cant change it to my actual age: Im trying to change my age for my account since it says im a minor, when i am an adultHow can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-is-set-to-a-wrong-age-and-i-cant-change/23e14548-bf86-437f-ba44-75262b41be74
  10. My account is set to a wrong age, and i cant change it to my actual age

My account is set to a wrong age, and i cant change it to my actual age: Im trying to change my age for my account since it says im a minor, when i am an adultHow can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-is-set-to-a-wrong-age-and-i-cant-change/23e14548-bf86-437f-ba44-75262b41be74