Windows 10: My Alienware Aurora r10 won’t sleep

Discus and support My Alienware Aurora r10 won’t sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Alienware Aurora r10 computer running Win 10 and for some reasons it won’t ever sleep. The computer is in my bedroom so the bright light and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-_-_-__-_-__-_---_-_, Oct 4, 2020.

1. My Alienware Aurora r10 won’t sleep

I have an Alienware Aurora r10 computer running Win 10 and for some reasons it won’t ever sleep. The computer is in my bedroom so the bright light and fan keeps me awake. As a student, this is really frustrating because sometimes I only have time for a few hours of sleep before getting back to work on a project. It’s getting really hard having to power up the computer and set everything up again before being able to get back to work. I don’t know what to do.

submitted by /u/-_-_-__-_-__-_---_-_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-_-_-__-_-__-_---_-_, Oct 4, 2020

2. Alienware Aurora-R3 & Windows 10

When you have windows 10 installed there is another trick which fixes the fans and makes the Command Center work with my Alienware Aurora R3 when the fans are at 100% and the Command Centre shows no control over fans...

Open your Aurora R3, near the front of the Alienware R3 you will see the SISTER motherboard (smaller than the main) which controls the fans. Unplug the 4 pin power cable with a white thick plastic connector(it may seem stuck and hard to pull out but try
    to do it CAREFULLY WITH THE POWER CABLE DISCONNECTED), then power up the Windows 10 Aurora R3 with the sister board unpowered. Then when in windows 10 (the fans should be at 100%), shut down via the software and re-plug the power cable to the Sister motherboard
    controlling the fans, enter the Windows 10 again and the fans should be stable and Control Centre should allow you control on the fans either manual or auto.

There was another way I got the fans down from 100% but only recommended as a last resort if you don't want to tamper with the hardware, (it can mess up the operating system and it goes into auto repair where it prompts you to re-install windows 10 - don't
    go for the re-install option, restarts and different options fix it always eventually)... you go into sleep mode on windows 10 aurora r3, then when it is in sleep mode power down and power up, the fans MAY normalise, it is hit or miss.

There is also an options in Windows System Admin regarding the fans cannot remember where but you will see it somewhere under power management I think under the Aliwnware FX setting, I cannot remember the proper disable or enable setting that is should be
    either it's been so long.

dfernand101, Oct 4, 2020
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Oct 4, 2020
  4. My Alienware Aurora r10 won’t sleep

Alienware Aurora-R3 & Windows 10

should have posted this in a this sub thread instead maybe as I dunno if the other users will get a notification for my last post but here goes.. note you may get the fans working fine for say 20 restarts with Windows 10 Aurora R3 but then it can all go
    South, here is a possible solution:

When you have windows 10 installed there is another trick which fixes the fans and makes the Command Center work with my Alienware Aurora R3 when the fans are at 100% and the Command Centre shows no control over fans...

Open your Aurora R3, near the front of the Alienware R3 you will see the SISTER motherboard (smaller than the main) which controls the fans. Unplug the 4 pin power cable with a white thick plastic connector(it may seem stuck and hard to pull out but try
    to do it CAREFULLY WITH THE POWER CABLE DISCONNECTED), then power up the Windows 10 Aurora R3 with the sister board unpowered. Then when in windows 10 (the fans should be at 100%), shut down via the software and re-plug the power cable to the Sister motherboard
    controlling the fans, enter the Windows 10 again and the fans should be stable and Control Centre should allow you control on the fans either manual or auto.

There was another way I got the fans down from 100% but only recommended as a last resort if you don't want to tamper with the hardware, (it can mess up the operating system and it goes into auto repair where it prompts you to re-install windows 10 - don't
    go for the re-install option, restarts and different options fix it always eventually)... you go into sleep mode on windows 10 aurora r3, then when it is in sleep mode power down and power up, the fans MAY normalise, it is hit or miss.

There is also an options in Windows System Admin regarding the fans cannot remember where but you will see it somewhere under power management I think under the Aliwnware FX setting, I cannot remember the proper disable or enable setting that is should be
    either it's been so long.

dfernand101, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

My Alienware Aurora r10 won’t sleep

1. My Alienware Aurora r10 won’t sleep - Similar Threads - Alienware Aurora r10

2. How to properly install a new ssd into an alienware aurora R7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to properly install a new ssd into an alienware aurora R7: My first attempt at this rendered my PC unusable. I had coloned my drives to the new 980evo ssd and replaced it with the octane drive m.2.In Bios the new SSD was recognized but I wasn't able to boot the PC past advanced boot. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something...
  3. alienware aurora r12 issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    alienware aurora r12 issue: i just bought this computer a few days ago and i dont feel im getting the performance i should out of it. ive set everything to performance mode. its the intel i7 with rtx 3070. even on performance mode fortnite is only getting 120 frames...
  4. Alienware Aurora R8 Desktop PC Random Freezing

Alienware Aurora R8 Desktop PC Random Freezing: I am having an issue where my PC will fully freeze at random times. The video on the monitor will pause similar to pausing a video, and the audio from my headset will also pause. Recently, I have been keeping my Task Manager open to see what is causing it. The CPU and Disk...
  5. Unable to Boot Alienware Aurora r10 system after update install

Unable to Boot Alienware Aurora r10 system after update install: Hi all, Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I just got an aurora r10 a couple of weeks ago. It was time for my first mandatory update and when I tried installing, it did not work and now the pc refuses to boot at all. It seems to cycle through the following error...
  6. Alienware Aurora R8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alienware Aurora R8: Alienware Aurora R8 Desktop fleeced excess power out and now it won't turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alienware-aurora-r8/86aa8d40-0eb7-4e33-89ac-c5b7bb1badd3
  7. alienware aurora r7 no realtek digital output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    alienware aurora r7 no realtek digital output: hi, i am trying to be able to switch from my headphones to my speakers (like without unplugging my headphone jack everytime i want to use speakers.) on my pc they are the same jack and i don't have the digital output software to be able to switch them, anyone know where i...
  8. Alienware Aurora R7 gets red boxed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware Aurora R7 gets red boxed: How do I fix the red box “Secure Boot Violation”?? This computer has been running fine until I updated to Windows 10. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alienware-aurora-r7-gets-red-boxed/b1cfa150-c6b7-4a89-b364-fa146bd83b46
  9. Alienware Aurora R7 Boot up loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alienware Aurora R7 Boot up loop: Note: I've had my Aurora for almost a year now. Earlier today I factory reset my computer entirely, since then I've been sent to a set up area where I am supposed to fill out my region, language, timezone, and keyboard type. After pressing next I've been sent to a page that...
  10. Alienware aurora r7 won't start

Alienware aurora r7 won't start: My aurora doesn't start. It goes to the alienware boot sequence, then it goes to a blue screen saying that windows automatic repair couldn't fix the PC. Is there any way to find what is wrong? The log file it gives me is F:\sources\sos.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alienware sleep restarts r10