Windows 10: My ALT and Windows key swapped!

Discus and support My ALT and Windows key swapped! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i press the ALT key on my keyboard it does the job what the Windows key does. And when i press my Windows key it does the job what the ALT key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fancy187, Sep 1, 2020.

1. My ALT and Windows key swapped!

When i press the ALT key on my keyboard it does the job what the Windows key does. And when i press my Windows key it does the job what the ALT key does. So basically my Windows and ALT key switched and i dont know how to switch them back!

submitted by /u/fancy187
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fancy187, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Swapping CTRL and ALT shortcuts

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "using control + key shortcuts is super uncomfortable", what is the exact issue that you facing with using Ctrl key?
    • When you say that "swap CTRL with ALT", are you facing difficulties in using ctrl key on the new laptop?

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 1, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

My ALT and Windows key swapped!

ALT+TAB Just Sits On Screen

Just a crazy suggestion but have your Windows and ALT keys got swapped or confused. Your work computer behaviour sounds more like the Windows + Tab keys are being pressed.

philc43, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

My ALT and Windows key swapped!

1. My ALT and Windows key swapped! - Similar Threads - ALT key swapped

2. I realized my Windows key is now swapped with Alt. But also my FN key is swapped to Ctrl....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I realized my Windows key is now swapped with Alt. But also my FN key is swapped to Ctrl....: Im wondering if this is some type of hot key? I have a 60% keyboard so I don't have the f1-f12. I used to be able to use them but now with my buttons swapped its doing different actions where I try to use them Please if you know anything I can try let me know....
  3. I realized my Windows key is now swapped with Alt. But also my FN key is swapped to Ctrl....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I realized my Windows key is now swapped with Alt. But also my FN key is swapped to Ctrl....: Im wondering if this is some type of hot key? I have a 60% keyboard so I don't have the f1-f12. I used to be able to use them but now with my buttons swapped its doing different actions where I try to use them Please if you know anything I can try let me know....
  4. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard: I'm running Windows 10. Left ALT and left Windows keys are swapped and I can't figure out how to swap them back. I do not have the Fn key on my keyboard. I have a Microsoft brand keyboard. Wired Keyboard 600. I have tried unplugging the keyboard and holding both...
  5. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard: I'm running Windows 10. Left ALT and left Windows keys are swapped and I can't figure out how to swap them back. I do not have the Fn key on my keyboard. I have a Microsoft brand keyboard. Wired Keyboard 600. I have tried unplugging the keyboard and holding both...
  6. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop: The left alt key and the Windows key are swapped. I do not know how to fix it. any help would be great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-alt-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-laptop/3c185a75-b1ed-483f-abf8-4b40e41313dd
  8. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop

Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop: The left alt key and the Windows key are swapped. I do not know how to fix it. any help would be great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-alt-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-laptop/3c185a75-b1ed-483f-abf8-4b40e41313dd
  9. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop

10. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop

Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop: So the title is basically my problem. The left alt key and the windows key are swapped. I have no idea how this came to be and I really do not know how to fix this. Any help would be great.Edit: I tried using the on-screen keyboard and the functions are still the same. They...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows swap win and alt keys

2. windows and alt key switched