Windows 10: My Android Phone's Hotspot is not recognized by my Laptop, what should I do?

Discus and support My Android Phone's Hotspot is not recognized by my Laptop, what should I do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to connect my laptop to my android phone's hotspot but sadly, it is not recognized by my laptop. I look for solutions for that but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LianaGarcia1, May 1, 2020.

1. My Android Phone's Hotspot is not recognized by my Laptop, what should I do?

Hello, I tried to connect my laptop to my android phone's hotspot but sadly, it is not recognized by my laptop.

I look for solutions for that but nothing help me. I tried updating the driver, Restarting my laptop, Uninstalling the driver, reset the network settings, run in administrator the command prompt and troubleshoot. I also tried to add my hotspot to "Manage Known Networks" and that didn't work.

My android phone's hotspot works perfectly fine with other laptops and my laptop can recognized other phone's hotspot.

My Phone is Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra and My Laptop is Dell Inspiron 3480

My Windows Edition is Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Can someone help me? thank you so much..

:)

LianaGarcia1, May 1, 2020
  2. manx13 Win User

My Laptop Does Not Detect My Android Phone Hotspot

Hi,

I just bought a new Android phone and tried to connect my laptop to the internet through my phone's hotspot, but discovered that my laptop does not see/detect the hotspot although it is on. Oddly, it detects the hotspot of other phones nearby. Could this
    problem be with my system or with my phone? Any idea on how to get this resolved?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

manx13, May 1, 2020
  3. rypz79 Win User
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Android phone on Wi-Fi direct

Further more investigation show that while it hangs installing the device it probably looks for a direct Wi-Fi connection , when I go to wireless networks it shows me the direct connection name , The problem is I don't know the password *Rolleyes (maybe it's the pin number I supposed to get? so the module could be bugged in the Android cellphone - customized ROM).
    I tried the 8 chars at end of connection name (SSID) X360PPD9 but it's not the password.
    Any suggestions ?
    TNX ALOT

My Android Phone's Hotspot is not recognized by my Laptop, what should I do? [​IMG]

My Android Phone's Hotspot is not recognized by my Laptop, what should I do? [​IMG]

rypz79, May 1, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My Android Phone's Hotspot is not recognized by my Laptop, what should I do?

Laptop doesn't recognize connected android device.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you connect your Android device to the computer it is not recognized, we will look into this for you.

As per the description, the Android device only charges when you connect it to the computer. Hence, we would like to know if you see any Unknown device in Device Manager. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. In Device Manager window, check if there is a section of
      Unknown device.
    3. If you see Unknown device, right click on it and select
      Update Device.
    4. If prompted, restart the computer.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps from the article Error:
    “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    except Method 2 and see if that makes any difference.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 1, 2020
Thema:

My Android Phone's Hotspot is not recognized by my Laptop, what should I do?

1. My Android Phone's Hotspot is not recognized by my Laptop, what should I do? - Similar Threads - Android Phone's Hotspot

2. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  3. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  4. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. using my phone hotspot on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using my phone hotspot on my laptop: How can I connect my phone hotspot to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-phone-hotspot-on-my-laptop/b2943f18-1c32-41cc-ae05-cafa16761a3f
  6. using my phone hotspot on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using my phone hotspot on my laptop: How can I connect my phone hotspot to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-phone-hotspot-on-my-laptop/b2943f18-1c32-41cc-ae05-cafa16761a3f
  7. My disk is at 100% in my laptop, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My disk is at 100% in my laptop, what should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrazyVenezuelan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixwdje/my_disk_is_at_100_in_my_laptop_what_should_i_do/
  8. Windows 10 Freeze when i use my android phone internet by turning on my android phone's hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Freeze when i use my android phone internet by turning on my android phone's hotspot: When i want to use wifi from my android phone by turning on my android phone's hotspot feature, my laptop becomes freeze after sever minutes.it happens again after restarting my laptop.But there is no problem when i use my wifi through router or ethernet cable.Only happen...
  9. Phone hotspot has connected sign but my laptop wont recognize it.

Phone hotspot has connected sign but my laptop wont recognize it.: Ok so i just have this problem by now. It was fine yesterday until i saw this. [ATTACH]i did everything. Resetting firewall, deleting internet driver, doing console command to reset that thing. This thing will always occurs every 5 minutes which is really annoying for me...
  10. Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot

Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot: Hello, I am trying to use the mobile Hotspot feature included with my new PC running Windows 10. Here is the issue: I went to settings and activated the hotspot; The hotspot address being transmitted is recognized by my Android mobile phone; I select the hotspot address...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect laptop to phone hotspot not showing