Windows 10: my app crashed and disappeared

Discus and support my app crashed and disappeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so i had discord downloaded on my computer and i was using it like i normally do until i was on doing my homework on a different platform and i saw the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by charli.ann, Oct 3, 2018.

1. my app crashed and disappeared

so i had discord downloaded on my computer and i was using it like i normally do until i was on doing my homework on a different platform and i saw the discord app have a green stripe over it and it looked like it was scanning it. i didn't understand what it was doing so i closed out of the app without logging out of my account or anything. then later i tried opening the app again and it wouldn't open. i double clicked it quite a few times. after a day or two i tried again and then the app just.. wasn't there anymore? but i know i didn't delete it. every time i get a message on discord i hear the notification on my computer but it says i don't have the app anymore. i tried re-downloading it and it wouldn't let me. i finally downloaded a copy of the app or whatever that works fine but the notifications from the original app continue to go off. help?

update: i looked through my apps and it says its there, there's an option to uninstall or modify. when i click uninstall it says windows cannot find it and to make sure i typed in the name correctly. the modify button won't work either.

:)

charli.ann, Oct 3, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 3, 2018
  3. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Oct 3, 2018
  4. pls2337 Win User

my app crashed and disappeared

Disappearing Apps

My Windows 10 apps have disappeared and I cannot even open the start menu, I need help getting them back, any suggestions?

pls2337, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

my app crashed and disappeared

1. my app crashed and disappeared - Similar Threads - app crashed disappeared

2. my app crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my app crashes: My app crashes and Microsoft Edge does not open even after doing troubleshooting repair and all. andMy Windows 11 download is stuck at 0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-crashes/7bb21e6b-f533-431a-acec-c5c0574a642c
  3. my app crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my app crashes: My app crashes and Microsoft Edge does not open even after doing troubleshooting repair and all. andMy Windows 11 download is stuck at 0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-crashes/7bb21e6b-f533-431a-acec-c5c0574a642c
  4. my app crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Apps Disappearing !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Disappearing !: Hello. I Have a problem that my Window`s Normal Apps I Mean Microsoft Store_ Paint 3D_Mail etc. Gets Deleted Automatically . Im sure dont have a malware or not deleting them myself . they just disappear and turn into the picture icon. I Wanted to know is Windows Deleting them...
  6. Task Bar apps disappearing and crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar apps disappearing and crashing: I tried to use my computer and I noticed that a few apps were not showing up on the taskbar. If I hovered over the app the name would show up but the app would be invisible. When I clicked on one of the apps it would start to load up but then crash. I tried going to start to...
  7. apps disappeared

apps disappeared: i had a app called discord on my surface tablet now its gone and it wont download. i get a error message that says setup log i click on setup log it brings me to Squirrel setup notepad. i dont want to reset my tablet and lose everything can anyone help please?...
  8. Disappearing apps

Disappearing apps: Did a reset due to running not right. All seemed to be going ok but has now got no mail app, no store, no photo viewer. If I go to default apps to select one, it says there are no apps to chose from. If I go to the store in the browser and find the mail app, click on 'get'...
  9. My files and apps disappear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My files and apps disappear: Recently, I took a computer (asus eepc 1005peb) with windows 7 and wanted to update it to 10 (I have an update file), I tried 2 times but none worked. So I put his hard drive in another (sony vaio vgn-fw450j). And now that I have returned the original HD of the vaio on it, my...
  10. apps disappearing

apps disappearing: I have recently updated windows 10 and find that some apps have stopped working, for instance Facebook and ITV Player/Hub. I am annoyed with this, especially with Facebook, as I am unable to log in with my original account, as it rejects every password I have tried. Could...