Windows 10: My Application Detects as Virus by Several Vendors

Discus and support My Application Detects as Virus by Several Vendors in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I Lama Guy trying to create a game I created a kind of virus: the game is created with JavaScript I will leave it below a image with the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lama Guy, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Lama Guy Win User

My Application Detects as Virus by Several Vendors

I Lama Guy trying to create a game I created a kind of virus: the game is created with JavaScript I will leave it below a image with the problems My Application Detects as Virus by Several Vendors ddd1b2c3-944d-4d7a-a5a9-c009aee72ec0?upload=true.png

[Original Title: Virus Alert]

:)

Lama Guy, Jan 22, 2021
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

WojtasRed, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Switch to Kaspersky - Not detecting virus.

Hi, @Craige:

Every AV (and every security application) uses its own, unique set of databases and definitions.
    So it's possible that a particular file may be detected by one AV (e.g. Norton) and not by another (e.g. Kaspersky).

Without seeing the scan logs from the 2 programs, it's impossible to provide a definitive answer to the "discrepancy" you report.*Sad

First, you might want to submit the dodgy file in question to VirusTotal for analysis HERE.
    Then....

>>If you think that the detection might be a False Positive detection by Norton (not unheard of), then you might want to report it to Norton via their support site, their forum, or their in-app reporting system (if this is a feature).

>>If you think that Kaspersky is missing detection on a malicious file that it ought to detect, then you may wish to report the file to the KL virus lab, by following the advice HERE.

One other thing: I hope you are not running Norton and (even a trial version of) Kaspersky on the same system, simultaneously?
    • Having more than 1 AV installed on the system at the same time (even if one is "disabled"from real-time protection) can lead to a host of performance and stability problems.
    • Kaspersky products, in particular, are very twitchy about other installed AVs.
    • If you wish to give KIS/KAV/KTS a fair trial period, I suggest cleanly uninstalling Norton (using the vendor's removal tool)

There is no one "best" or "right" AV choice that suits all computers, users and budgets.
    If there were, there would be only 1 AV company.
    Ultimately, each user must select the application that works best for him/her on his/her system.
    There are many fine choices, each of which has its share of fans and detractors.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 22, 2021
  4. MBVPX Win User

ClickOnce application setup.exe detected as Virus

We have several applications that are deployed by our customers via ClickOnce through our webpage. The applications are developed using VB.net and C#. Recently, whenever we prepare the application by first publishing it in our hard disk before uploading
    it to our web page, the Windows Defender application detects the setup.exe file as a virus and deletes it (Trojan.Win32/Gatrid.E!cl). If we disable windows defender, publish the application locally, upload it to our web page, Window defender still detects
    the setup.exe file as a virus. This happens with windows 10 no windows 7. Also, running the same applications via applicationName.application (which does not install the prerequisites) will not be detected as a virus.

This issue is really hurting our business and need an urgent solution. Please help us solve it!!

MBVPX, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. My Application Detects as Virus by Several Vendors - Similar Threads - Application Detects Virus

2. Virus Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Detected: I'm trying to download an executable file from Google Drive but keep getting a "Virus Detected" warning that prevents the request from being completed. I can't see the file anywhere as blocked in the Windows Denfender reports, I've disabled Windows Defender, and even added...
  3. virus detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus detection: i was downloading a file from crome suddenly there was a pop up and something small sized downloaded near to 5-6 mb i didnt get time to react it was passed by crome virus detection test but when it landed on pc i got virus alerts by win defender then suddenly it started...
  4. virus detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus detection: i was downloading a file from crome suddenly there was a pop up and something small sized downloaded near to 5-6 mb i didnt get time to react it was passed by crome virus detection test but when it landed on pc i got virus alerts by win defender then suddenly it started...
  5. virus detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Virus detected

Virus detected: I have a notification that say, virus detected. It has a Microsoft logo on it. It has an option "click here to remove virus". Is this legit? Should I click on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-detected/17e88016-b274-41d3-afd2-b70b14b30f59
  7. Can I install application vendor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install application vendor: I want to install virtual dj but t requires me first verify with application vendor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-application-vendor/577d0089-f166-4efa-a26d-f771ddeeba09
  8. severe threat detected

severe threat detected: I'm getting a severe virus threat that continually is trying to load. Defender cleaned most of them except this one: [ATTACH]What should I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-detected/c98323e0-f01b-4a61-ba62-6a6c9aa3cf48"
  9. Virus Detection

Virus Detection: In my situation, I develop some accounting software of VB winform to use, normaly my software will modify registry to set offcie trusted location and whether the user who reads in registry has admin authority. However, I found here that it is no problem for window defender to...
  10. Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor: I want to download chrome but it is not downloading and given this err PLATFORM VERSION INFO Windows : 10.0.17763.0 (Win32NT) Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000 System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C clr.dll : 4.7.3362.0 built by:...