Windows 10: My apps are missing and many people have the same issue

Discus and support My apps are missing and many people have the same issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a asus notebook and I did a full reset and half of my apps are missing. I contacted asus and they said it is a microsoft problem. I can't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EldonMontoya, Jul 28, 2021.

1. My apps are missing and many people have the same issue

I have a asus notebook and I did a full reset and half of my apps are missing. I contacted asus and they said it is a microsoft problem. I can't do anything with this notebook. I try to download apps off of the microsoft website and nothing downloads. I am being blocked. Other times it asks for me to download another app. It doesn't say what app I need. I can't do powershell either as others stated to try on the internet. . All I can do is just browse the internet. When a consumer purchases a pc, it should include all apps that were on the unit when it was purchased. Vista would always reset w

:)

EldonMontoya, Jul 28, 2021
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 28, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    People App Missing

Hi, have you seen this?
    It's a permanent change unfortunately. They removed it from the Start Menu on purpose.
    Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/microsoft-people-app-is-missing-from-the-start/964581c3-9de9-4574-82a9-7d9675e81d57

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/0...ng-a-new-home/

Yet if you search Settings for People you can find this (this is in 21H1):

My apps are missing and many people have the same issue [​IMG]

However- any big change will come in 21H2.

Some have reported seeing this:
    Why does this ms-resource:AppListName suddenly showed up? it just opens the People app when clicked : Windows10

dalchina, Jul 28, 2021
  4. dscanlon Win User

My apps are missing and many people have the same issue

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

My apps are missing and many people have the same issue

1. My apps are missing and many people have the same issue - Similar Threads - apps are missing

2. People App Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App Missing: Windows 10 ver 20H2 I have grown used to having the People App show on my taskbar for years. On my new installation it does not. In-fact it does not appear any where on the Start List. But it does show up fully populated and working in Outlook.Com as well as Mail. What do I...
  3. My computer is having many issues suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is having many issues suddenly: I turn on my computer and it's acting different, When I turn it on it usually boots red, orange, white then green and the fan turns on full speed at orange, but then I turn it on now it does the same cycle but stays on orange for 4 seconds and not 1 second, also sometimes...
  4. Is having this many of the same driver a problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is having this many of the same driver a problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iFeedPigzPork [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktigkd/is_having_this_many_of_the_same_driver_a_problem/
  5. Is my HDD disconnected, many people are saying the cause of my laptop issue is down to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my HDD disconnected, many people are saying the cause of my laptop issue is down to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wasssupfleez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gga2l5/is_my_hdd_disconnected_many_people_are_saying_the/
  6. I'M HAVING SAME ISSUE...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'M HAVING SAME ISSUE...: DID YOU EVER FIND A SOLUTION/REPAIR FOR YOUR PROBLEM? I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES YOU EXPERIENCED & I ALSO HAVE THE SAME COMPUTER, OPERATING SYSTEM & VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO. I AM ALSO NOW EXPERIENCING AN ISSUE WHEN I BOOT UP. IT ASKS ME IF I WANT TO RUN WINDOWS 8 OR WINDOWS...
  7. Mail App People Have Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App People Have Disappeared: Am exploring the use of Mail app under W10 and things were going fine until this morning. I opened the app and found all the people have disappeared. I get a message saying."All your contacts are hidden, but you can still find them by searching. To see more contacts, tap...
  8. People app have the same update over and over

People app have the same update over and over: I keep having the People app have the same update over and over. I open the Store, go to Downloads, Check for Updates, and it says the People app has an update. It downloads, installs, and says Completed. If I check again, or close the Store, reboot, or anything, and check...
  9. too many same apps installed.

too many same apps installed.: hello I have upgraded to Windows 10 and when i have checked my programmes, I found these too many apps installed from micro. are they necessary? which one should I delete? what are these for? Thanks see the screenshot https://i.imgur.com/IFoBIqf.jpg?1 [img]...
  10. Issue with People app

Issue with People app: I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app. When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good....