Windows 10: My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features

Discus and support My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The space that is says they are taking 40GB my apps that are downloaded take only 8GB i dont know what are the rest of the files or apps that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Granitllugiqi, Mar 26, 2021.

1. My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features

The space that is says they are taking 40GB my apps that are downloaded take only 8GB i dont know what are the rest of the files or apps that are taking this space, cause its only feature is to look at apps and features and they only show that part of 8Gb memory of apps installed, and please dont recommend me to do a disk cleane up cause i tried it and the only storage i was able to clean was like 30 MB and the responese on similar question was to do that.I want to be able to see what is taking this memory and delete those unnesesery to me.

:)

Granitllugiqi, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Treole Win User

Apps & features disc space doesn't add up to storage use listed

Under "Settings," and "Storage," my OS_Install (CMy apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features :) total size is 238 GB.

Under "This is how your storage is used and how you can free up space," it says...

Apps & features....98.8 GB

Yet even a cursory total of all programs listed (by size) under Apps & features reveals a total of about 1.5 GB.

And, a bunch of programs are listed at the bottom (including at least one that needs a lot of storage space) without *any* numbers.

Should I presume that the Settings -> Storage utility is incapable of listing ALL programs and all of the space they require?

Why the massive difference (98.8 GB vs 1.5 GB)?

Treole, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in referring to
    the list of apps listed, there's at most 30GB. What's puzzling is there about 70GB that I am not able to find which app is taking up all that disk space. Have done all the disk/system cleanup and the space wouldn't clear.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks

limsingapore, Mar 26, 2021
  4. My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features

STORAGE , APPS & FEATURES

Hi,

upon going to system settings and seeing the storage i can see that the apps & features is occupying 160 GB

but upon clicking on it , it hardly show me 4 GB worth of information approx.

i am not sure what apps & features is taking up so much space and no details are being shown.

i have checked both in control panel and the settings app.

i am currently on WIN10.

AYUSHCHOUDHARY, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features

1. My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features - Similar Threads - apps dont much

2. My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB: So I'm trying to free up some storage and my apps and features are showing 145GB but when I go to sort them all in size the biggest one is only 1.79GB I know this isn't right because I have Steam and few games from there are 13GB but even then it wouldn't add up to 145GB...
  3. My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB: So I'm trying to free up some storage and my apps and features are showing 145GB but when I go to sort them all in size the biggest one is only 1.79GB I know this isn't right because I have Steam and few games from there are 13GB but even then it wouldn't add up to 145GB...
  4. My storage space for apps and features is showing 145GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. apps and feature is taking to much storage

apps and feature is taking to much storage: helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-feature-is-taking-to-much-storage/6df5c318-41c3-4dbd-bcb7-42f3c3abb5fe
  6. apps and feature is taking to much storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps and feature is taking to much storage: helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-feature-is-taking-to-much-storage/6df5c318-41c3-4dbd-bcb7-42f3c3abb5fe
  7. apps and feature is taking to much storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  9. Low on space, Apps and features take too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low on space, Apps and features take too much space: My computer has a limited amount of space (100GB) and I really wanted to clean its storage. I uninstalled a lot of programs, made sure to check leftover files, kept only 15GB of games and OnDrive. Still, Apps and Features take 33 GBs of storage. I had managed to remove...
  10. something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage

something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage: i am trying to download a game that is roughly 80 gb, but there is not enough room in my hard drive. when i went to storage to uninstall apps, i couldn't find any apps or features taking up significant room- but it still says apps and installations are taking up 171 gb. can...