Windows 10: My apps keep going white on my desktop

Discus and support My apps keep going white on my desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My apps keep going white on my desktop. And I don't know why. [img] Can anyone tell me why? I am running windows 10 Home on HP Pavilion Notebook -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hollyoaks777, Oct 14, 2015.

1. My apps keep going white on my desktop

My apps keep going white on my desktop. And I don't know why.
    My apps keep going white on my desktop [​IMG]

Can anyone tell me why? I am running windows 10 Home on HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab040sa

:)

hollyoaks777, Oct 14, 2015

2. My Desktop on Windows 10 Keep Going Black...

So, every time I have downloaded things onto my computer, whether it be games or files, my desktop background will immediately go black after having moved the downloaded file or program to the desktop for ease of access. Its starting to become a nuisance,
    and will not stop happening no matter what I do. I have even tried to get used to the black background, only for it to change back after I download something the original background that I had wanted in the first place. The only way I am able to get rid of
    it before downloading a new file or program is by selecting all of my files on my desktop and outlining the actual desktop. Then the black screen turns to my original background.

Nukalistma, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    Rhen Pal, Oct 14, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

My apps keep going white on my desktop

Make shortcuts yourself for this on desktop ? Only Windows 10 apps you tried to put on desktop, as i see Mail app for one ? I believe this can not be done with Live tiles on the desktop, only other software on the system can.

For any others can try to rebuild icon cache https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/rebuild-icon-cache-in-windows-10.7636/
    Can locate file and create another shortcut.

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  5. That worked for 10 seconds. I had to delete them and drag them bag onto the desktop. Then they didn't respond so I had to restart. That wasn't responsive either so ctrl alt delete sign out, then fatal error with cortana. Now they are white again I think it might be acronis 2014 as when I was restarting it said it was terminating actions. So off to try and find out how to completely stop that running in the background until I need it. Thank you JDS

6. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome!
    Not sure i like error part with anything, had unresponsive system then.
    What worked, recreate icons did you try rebuild icon cache? Again can not put Live tiles there i am pretty sure.When put regular software icons, how are you doing this exactly ? Opening file locations here C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Startmenu/Programs

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  7. Disabled Acronis 2014 and rebuilt again and seems to be ok. Scared to speak to soon. But I definately think it was Acronis 2014.

8. jds63 Win User

Was some talk about compatibility of Acronis 2014 and Windows 10 back in June-July, not sure if it was fixed or need 2015 updates. Strange how it caused this issue, but not familiar with use of this software anymore .

jds63, Oct 15, 2015
  9. What do you use now ? And what is the best root folder for windows screen beam?

hollyoaks777, Oct 15, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    I do not use any imaging software, but many use free Macrium Reflect. Again not familiar with use of this
    http://www.actiontec.com/products/68.php

jds63, Oct 15, 2015
  11. OK thank you for your help. It's much appreciated.

12. jds63 Win User
    Anytime,your welcome, are others here who are more familiar with products like the ones you mentioned if you need further help with those, feel free to post a topic for it.

jds63, Oct 15, 2015
  13. My apps keep going white on my desktop

Can you give people points for helping you. I don't know a lot but enough to get by. Thanks again!

14. jds63 Win User
    Thumbs up symbol on other persons post that helped you, reputation, click it then you can write in it too.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My apps keep going white on my desktop - Similar Threads - apps keep going

2. Why do my desktop icons keep going to a white dogeared page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my desktop icons keep going to a white dogeared page?: Frequently, some or all of my desktop icons will just show as a white dogeared page instead of the filetype that they are.I am using Window 11 with all of the Windows updates available installed. This has been going on since I upgraded to Windows 11last year.I also have...
  3. Why do my desktop icons keep going to a white dogeared page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my desktop icons keep going to a white dogeared page?: Frequently, some or all of my desktop icons will just show as a white dogeared page instead of the filetype that they are.I am using Window 11 with all of the Windows updates available installed. This has been going on since I upgraded to Windows 11last year.I also have...
  4. Windows apps start going white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps start going white: Certain apps start to "Deepfry" whenever I open them, it also breaks games by making them lag behind. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-apps-start-going-white/20947301-423f-4c01-b4fd-b4872ff1b05c
  5. Windows apps start going white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps start going white: Certain apps start to "Deepfry" whenever I open them, it also breaks games by making them lag behind. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-apps-start-going-white/20947301-423f-4c01-b4fd-b4872ff1b05c
  6. annoying white box on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    annoying white box on my desktop: so, i've had this issue for a while, and i have not yet found a solution. there is this annoying white rectangle on my desktop. once in a while all of the items on my desktop disappear, and the only way to get them back is by clicking on that box. i do not know how to make it...
  7. My shortcut for "this pc" keeps going back to the bottom of the desktop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My shortcut for "this pc" keeps going back to the bottom of the desktop...: Ok so i've had this for a while now, my shortcut for "this pc" does not wanna stay in place. It always wants to be at the left side at the bottom. https://reddit.com/link/iuiizn/video/0l0wxilicpn51/player If you have any idea how to fix this, i could use some advice. I...
  8. Some icons on my desktop are white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some icons on my desktop are white: i reset my PC and some of my icons on my desktop are white how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-icons-on-my-desktop-are-white/fc57554f-2253-4123-bc77-1789f481f65c
  9. White bars on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    White bars on my desktop: Hello, I have been having this problem for a couple months now, but now it is extremely annoying. On my desktop, I am unable to see my icons unless I double click the top left bar. Sometimes I can move the top left bar around, but not the bottom left. I have found that the...
  10. White box in my Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White box in my Desktop: I have restarted my pc lots of times but there is a white box appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-in-my-desktop/5fb85d55-efe8-4921-acc5-f2cc3d017f95