Windows 10: My apps keep installing to C: Drive

Discus and support My apps keep installing to C: Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to download a game or app is downloads onto the C: drive. I changed the where new content is saved to D: drive but still It doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeroRyker, Jul 12, 2021.

1. HeroRyker Win User

My apps keep installing to C: Drive

When I try to download a game or app is downloads onto the C: drive. I changed the where new content is saved to D: drive but still It doesn't work. Please help.

:)

HeroRyker, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink My apps keep installing to C: Drive ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jul 12, 2021
  4. My apps keep installing to C: Drive

little cat, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

My apps keep installing to C: Drive

1. My apps keep installing to C: Drive - Similar Threads - apps keep installing

2. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive: hello there, tried to install a game from microsoft store, it kept downloading it into C: drive.i tried changing the location in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved, and change "New apps will save to" option to D: drive.this didn't help,i found a...
  3. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive: hello there, tried to install a game from microsoft store, it kept downloading it into C: drive.i tried changing the location in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved, and change "New apps will save to" option to D: drive.this didn't help,i found a...
  4. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My C:\ drive is almost full for no reason I install mostly small apps in C:\ , apps and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C:\ drive is almost full for no reason I install mostly small apps in C:\ , apps and...: My C:\ drive is 231 GB SSD and I've been searching around what caused it to suddenly got 11 GB left from 231 GB. And I found this from AVG after scanning my main drive for viruses, etc. Why is "Apps Cache files" consumes large amount of data? Is it supposed to? Is it ok to...
  6. My C Drive keeps filling for no reason...

My C Drive keeps filling for no reason...: Hi all, Since I did the most recent windows 10 update my C drive has been filling for no reason at all that I Can find. Ive looked through hidden and protected files and highlighted them all and they are using 100gb yet my 256gb ssd has 15gb free, this makes no sense to me....
  7. C: Drive installed apps not showing up.

C: Drive installed apps not showing up.: I've recently filled up my C: Drive with games. When I check the storage tab in settings it shows 40 gb overall. But, when I add the numbers displayed in the games/apps tab though it adds up to less than 8 gb. Thus, where are the additional 30-ish gb and why can't I see...
  8. App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.: I am attempting to download the most current Nox Player app to my Windows 10 PC but it keeps attempting the download to my D drive instead of my C drive. I do not have the room on my D drive for the download. I am unable to get it to download to my C drive. My computer...
  9. My C drive space keeps decreasing

My C drive space keeps decreasing: [IMG]Hello users, My issue is that 4 days ago, I had 46GB around space free in my C drive. Next day, it decreased to 43GB and keeps on decreasing and today its 38GB. I didn't install any software, nor i did anything on C drive. I tried cleaning using diskcleanup, c...
  10. My C Drive Keeps losing Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My C Drive Keeps losing Space: My C Drive Keeps losing Space and yesterday i had 14gb then it went to 799mb and it keeps going down every 5 mins https://gyazo.com/182ef0a5ec8d7333e470531c33c7e1e1.png after 5 mins https://gyazo.com/b05daf23a10fb45995330bc49c01a8fd.png 31443