Windows 10: My apps keep minimising

Discus and support My apps keep minimising in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why do my apps on my lenovo tablet keep minimising every few minutes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GrahamNoel, Nov 9, 2019.

1. My apps keep minimising

Why do my apps on my lenovo tablet keep minimising every few minutes?

:)

GrahamNoel, Nov 9, 2019
  2. krohm Win User

minimise single window keyboard shortcut

So setpoint with an anywhere mouse has a minimise shortcut option to associate with a button on the mouse, works fine. this is with my wireless anywhere mouse

but g400 with logitech gaming software, there is no minimise option, and no keyboard shortcut minimises just one window !

so tilting
    i use my two thumb buttons as minimise and close window, it makes working in windows a lot smoother/faster

any suggestions on this unable to minimise shortcut option?

krohm, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. My apps keep minimising :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 9, 2019
  4. My apps keep minimising

Game minimising in Windows 10

I recently built my own PC over the winter season which I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 on for about a week or two which was working fine. I then activated the software and now I seem to be encountering a problem where most games that I am playing
    (mainly from steam) keep minimising at arbitrary times while I play.

I was following many of the steps from Full-screen game keeps minimizing in Windows 10? Here's how to fix this issue

Which claimed that following these 10 steps would "Fix" the problem:

1. Check GPU drivers
    2. Kill background applications
    3. Disable Game Mode
    4. Disable Action Center notifications
    5. Run as admin and in a different compatibility mode
    6. Give game’s process a higher CPU priority
    7. Disable dual-GPU
    8. Scan for viruses
    9. Update Windows
    10. Show taskbar on all displays for multi-display setup
    I have tried a few of these steps (1,2,3,8,9) with no luck! Just wondering if anyone else has had and found a solution to this problem, any info is appreciated.

Eoin Rasmussen, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

My apps keep minimising

1. My apps keep minimising - Similar Threads - apps keep minimising

2. Snip minimising

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip minimising: Every time I do a snip with the snipping tool, the program minimises so that I have to click it again to reopen it to save the snip. How do I stop it doing this. Never happened on W10.Running W11, 22H2, build 22621.1265Any help appreciated....
  3. Snip minimising

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip minimising: Every time I do a snip with the snipping tool, the program minimises so that I have to click it again to reopen it to save the snip. How do I stop it doing this. Never happened on W10.Running W11, 22H2, build 22621.1265Any help appreciated....
  4. Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my minimise, maximise and close buttons?!: I was using my computer. I had Task Manager open I threw it at the top of the screen. The buttons are now gone and won't come back. Need help!...
  5. Text and Icons minimised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and Icons minimised: After installing the latest update to 21H1 I find my text and Icons are minimised to be nearly unreadable.Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-and-icons-minimised/22168f14-0bcd-4b26-87f6-4b0a785d71f8
  6. Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open: I thought, in past versions of Windows, there was a way to keep application icons minimised in the Taskbar when the app was launched/open. If there is in v10, I can't find it. On my laptop Surface Book 2 icons do remain minimised. On my desktop computer, or when I connect...
  7. Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps automatically minimised and stuck in the taskbar: Some apps automatically gets minimised or something and gets stuck [ATTACH]in the taskbar and just won't open again without closing the apps and then starting it again. Dev C++ becomes minimised and appears as given in the below picture and nothing happens when I click into...
  8. Win 10 minimising apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 minimising apps: I had this problem on one of my 5 computers. All my programs are randomly starting to minimise without any possibility to reopen them back. Now after updates two of my computers are having same problem and i lost hundreds of hours of work. I need to restart my computers at...
  9. Games minimise and crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimise and crashing.: Several games I play will minimise after playing for a while. The screen goes black, the monitor shuts off briefly and I am unable to open the game again (crashes, but a little grey bar appears at the top right of the screen with the game name displayed), but I can hear the...
  10. command prompt keeps popping up and minimises my games when it happens

in Windows 10 Support
    command prompt keeps popping up and minimises my games when it happens: Hey guy's.first time poster,but this little problem i'm having is annoying,to say the least.Every now and then the command prompt screen flashes up.not so much of a problem when im just on the internet,but it's problematic when i start playing games in full screen.Was gonna...