Windows 10: My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does

Discus and support My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so as the title says, I have this issue from last night, my internet status is "Identifying..." for hours and hours. I'm using a limited data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zhaviz Motiee, Sep 3, 2020.

1. My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does

Hello,

so as the title says, I have this issue from last night, my internet status is "Identifying..." for hours and hours. I'm using a limited data router. my computerIS connected to internet and has internet access, but you see, my other apps don't have internet connection, all except for my Opera browser which I'm currently using. non of my apps, including: Spotify, Discord, Instagram, vpn, games, not even Microsoft apps have internet connection and give "Offline" or "Connection failed" errors.

I do have internet on my other devices, and they work properly. I tried to troubleshoot my connection using Network troubleshooter, but that didn't work either.
    at first, I thought it might be my router's problem, but since I had internet connection on my other devices without such problems, I figured out it might be my windows' problem.
    I did disconnect and reconnect again, tried forgetting the connection, but still my wifi status is "identifying" as shown in the picture below.
    as always, I appreciate any kinds of help. have a nice day.

My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does 2faaac37-f5aa-447b-b0d8-2dce7feda016?upload=true.png

:)

Zhaviz Motiee, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Cr00zng Win User

Opera browser initial connections...

That had been my recollection as well, but the guide in your link does not work. It used to in previous versions and don't know when it has been changed?

After some search, in version 56.x, it is under search pop-up:

My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does [​IMG]

Doing so did disable the Ukranian, but not the Europe bank connection. Oh well, I'll just keep blocking it with the firewalls...

Thanks for the tip...

Cr00zng, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Feb Windows10 update freeze and messed up my Opera browser!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the issues you are facing in installing the Windows Updates and accessing Opera browser on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that when you are trying to install the updates, Windows might reboot for a few number times.

The time it takes to install the update depends on Internet connection, size of the update being installed etc..

• Do let us know if you are referring to navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your computer?

If you are facing issues in accessing navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser then, I suggest you to uninstall the browser, re-install the latest version and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Opera
      browser and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Try to download Opera browser from the below link using Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge

Download Opera for Computers

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Castiel Win User

My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does

Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does

1. My apps won't connect to internet but my Opera browser does - Similar Threads - apps won't connect

2. Opera GX internet browser installed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Opera GX internet browser installed: Hello, I have Microsoft Family Safety MSFS with all the content and download controls enabled. For example my son can only use the Edge browser, and in the App and Game Limits section of the MSFS site, I can see all the various browsers blocked, including Opera.But he was...
  3. Opera GX internet browser installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera GX internet browser installed: Hello, I have Microsoft Family Safety MSFS with all the content and download controls enabled. For example my son can only use the Edge browser, and in the App and Game Limits section of the MSFS site, I can see all the various browsers blocked, including Opera.But he was...
  4. Opera GX internet browser installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...: my laptop is lenovo core i5, 8gb ram, my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very slow on my windows 10, they can not keep up with my typing and unresponsive, i tried to reset my windows 10 and it is failed to solve the problem...
  6. my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...: my laptop is lenovo core i5, 8gb ram, my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very slow on my windows 10, they can not keep up with my typing and unresponsive, i tried to reset my windows 10 and it is failed to solve the problem...
  7. Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does: None of my apps connect to the internet, except my browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-dont-connect-to-the-internet-only-my-browser/b53d649c-a63c-48df-af48-96103ea88000
  8. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  9. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar: I accidentally installed opera (along with 2 other programs, now uninstalled) and I can’t delete it. Every time I click uninstall it asks if I will allow opera to make changes to the device, but no matter what I click it doesn’t uninstall. It does this every time I try to...
  10. Opera browser initial connections...

in Browsers and Email
    Opera browser initial connections...: The Opera browser, version 56.0.3051.116, home page set to DDG. Every time the browser starts, it connects to the following URLs: [img] The connection is just a keep alive, no actual activities between the banks and the Opera browser that I can see. This system also have...