Windows 10: My Archive Explorer often freezes.

Discus and support My Archive Explorer often freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The issue began since 18/8/2020 by which I've experienced an issue with Archive Explorer, I have a Lenovo Legion y540, it is a fast gaming laptop, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dereckhumes, Aug 18, 2020.

1. My Archive Explorer often freezes.

The issue began since 18/8/2020 by which I've experienced an issue with Archive Explorer, I have a Lenovo Legion y540, it is a fast gaming laptop, it has an SSD and HDD and both work fine, all the applications run smooth and fine, but the Archive Explorer often freezes when I attempt to do an action on an specific folder or archive, no message or indicator appears explaining a malfunction of the app but it freezes with the cursor as loading... and sometimes it closes up entirely.

The issue seems to change of spot, it sometimes affect a folder, then an archive and then another folder.

I have McAfee as antivirus and it haven't detected any virus.

:)

Dereckhumes, Aug 18, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer freeze

Hi Igor,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions with regard to freezing File Explorer.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 18, 2020
  4. My Archive Explorer often freezes.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

My Archive Explorer often freezes.

1. My Archive Explorer often freezes. - Similar Threads - Archive Explorer often

2. PC often freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC often freezes randomly.: This issue has been happening to me quite a lot recently and it's very annoying. It might happen at any time, I might be playing a heavy video game or just browsing on the internet. Once it begins, it doesn't just freeze everything immediately. Sometimes it starts by freezing...
  3. Windows 10 freezes often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes often: My windows 10 desktop freezes often. I don't know why. I did a sfc /scannow and it didn't find anything. I did a chkdsk c: and it didn't find anything. I have malwarebytes running every day. It finds nothing. Not sure what this can be. Has there been a windows update causing...
  4. Windows 10 freezes often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes often: My windows 10 desktop freezes often. I don't know why. I did a sfc /scannow and it didn't find anything. I did a chkdsk c: and it didn't find anything. I have malwarebytes running every day. It finds nothing. Not sure what this can be. Has there been a windows update causing...
  5. My laptop often freezes all of sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop often freezes all of sudden: This is my first time using windows10 and the laptop is relatively new, but my laptop often freezes all of sudden when I'm doing something. Even pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del wouldn't work at all. So I have to turn it off using the power button. I'm not sure is this the problem...
  6. My File Explorer often freezes.

My File Explorer often freezes.: The issue began since 18/8/2020 by which I've experienced an issue with File Explorer, I have a Lenovo Legion y540, it is a fast gaming laptop, it has an SSD and HDD and both work fine, all the applications run smooth and fine, but the File Explorer often freezes when I...
  7. Windows Explorer often freezes when moving files with mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer often freezes when moving files with mouse: My Win 10 Dell XPS8930 is very sick. Windows Explorer freezes almost at random when I am using the mouse, but I can get going again by restarting Explorer with Task Manager. SFC reports that some files are corrupt but cannot be fixed. DISM reports that the component store is...
  8. new keyboard freezes often

new keyboard freezes often: My keyboard freezes all the time. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-keyboard-freezes-often/47bbaeaa-829a-4bef-83ea-d169681c1f13
  9. BSOD Often & freezes

BSOD Often & freezes: My computer has been crashing the past few weeks since installation and either freezes or BSOD. Until today the BSOD has frozen on 0% and not given me dump files, despite being set up to. It crashed today and I now have a minidump file - please see attached. Thanks in...
  10. Keyboard often freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard often freezes: After upgrading to Windows 10 my Logitech K520 wireless keyboard often freezes when I am typing on the internet. I press a key (any alpha or numeric key), and nothing happens. No strike occurs. Must cancel app and boot system to get keyboard working again. This happens...