Windows 10: My Arrow keys select text when i use them

Discus and support My Arrow keys select text when i use them in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I see someone else has also asked this question but sticky keys method don't seem to work and yes the issue persists in the on screen keyboard Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anonymous anony, Mar 6, 2021.

1. My Arrow keys select text when i use them

I see someone else has also asked this question but sticky keys method don't seem to work and yes the issue persists in the on screen keyboard
    Please tell me what to do

:)

Anonymous anony, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Plop_511 Win User

Arrow keys started selecting text

Seems that accidentally I have hit some key which has caused arrow keys and 'end' key to highlight (select) text.
    Never had this previously. I'm aware of the num lock key to toggle this feature, but then I am unable to use the number keypad.

Any ideas please?

Plop_511, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Arrow keys started selecting text

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

You might have Turn ON the Sticky Keys on your device. This could be the possible cause of the issue.

I suggest you to suggest you to follow the methods below to Turn OFF the Sticky keys.

Method 1

1. Click on Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
    2. On the right, turn off the option
      Press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts and check the status of the issue.

Method 2

1. Click on Start, type in Control Panel.
    2. Navigate to Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use.
    3. Uncheck the box
      Turn on Sticky keys
    4. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to turn on On-Screen keyboard and see if the same issue persists. Refer the article
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type for the steps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, so that we can find out the root cause of the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 6, 2021
  4. My Arrow keys select text when i use them

down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

My Arrow keys select text when i use them

1. My Arrow keys select text when i use them - Similar Threads - Arrow keys select

2. Windows 11 icon highlight is stuck after using arrows to select them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 icon highlight is stuck after using arrows to select them.: After playing around with the arrows on the desktop, selecting a few icons and jumping around them with the arrows and then clicking elsewhere the blue selection will disappear but some kind of a grayish grid still gets left there.Refreshing the desktop does not work at all....
  3. Windows 11 icon highlight is stuck after using arrows to select them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 icon highlight is stuck after using arrows to select them.: After playing around with the arrows on the desktop, selecting a few icons and jumping around them with the arrows and then clicking elsewhere the blue selection will disappear but some kind of a grayish grid still gets left there.Refreshing the desktop does not work at all....
  4. Dekstop icon highlights stuck after using arrow keys to select them. [W11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dekstop icon highlights stuck after using arrow keys to select them. [W11]: Whenever I use my arrow keys to select a text or an icon. After I click elsewhere a different kind of a selection grid get stuck on the last selected icon on the desktop. It's not that ordinary blue selection but more like a grid square line around the icon.This only happens...
  5. Dekstop icon highlights stuck after using arrow keys to select them. [W11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dekstop icon highlights stuck after using arrow keys to select them. [W11]: Whenever I use my arrow keys to select a text or an icon. After I click elsewhere a different kind of a selection grid get stuck on the last selected icon on the desktop. It's not that ordinary blue selection but more like a grid square line around the icon.This only happens...
  6. Purple arrow arrows in text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purple arrow arrows in text: Hello,I just turned on a setting on my pc and I am not sure what is this thing on my text [ATTACH] . Can you guys tell me how can I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purple-arrow-arrows-in-text/96ea0e1d-9cb9-489e-a70d-8a8fd7b91c20
  7. Arrow keys keep selecting text instead of going up or down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys keep selecting text instead of going up or down: As stated, my arrow keys are not doing their job. They select the text that's on the page, letter by letter, instead of going up or down like always. My Shift key isn't stuck. I tried turning the sticky keys off. Nothing happened. Can somebody help, please?...
  8. ARROW KEYS SELECTING TEXT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ARROW KEYS SELECTING TEXT: ANS ARROW KEY + INSERT WAS ACCIDENTALY PRESSED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys-selecting-text/7cde71aa-edb1-49a0-9535-21ae420f04b9
  9. Arrow keys selecting text even if NumLock is disabled

Arrow keys selecting text even if NumLock is disabled: Working in Visual Studio and when I use arrows, it keeps highlighting text, which is frustrating. I need arrows to move through my code, can't use cursor all the time. Any solutions?...
  10. Arrow keys started selecting text

Arrow keys started selecting text: Seems that accidentally I have hit some key which has caused arrow keys and 'end' key to highlight (select) text. Never had this previously. I'm aware of the num lock key to toggle this feature, but then I am unable to use the number keypad. Any ideas please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows adds arrows to select