Windows 10: My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start

Discus and support My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my Asus Laptop Asus VivoBook 15 just gets a black screen after start up.This was all just caused after the Windows 10 Update I made after the Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ares001, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Ares001 Win User

My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start

So my Asus Laptop Asus VivoBook 15 just gets a black screen after start up.This was all just caused after the Windows 10 Update I made after the Laptop asked me to do it.I turned off fast startup,checked registry and it has the explorer.exe,updated all the drivers...What can I do else?This problem it just keeps going.A fix that i found temporary is opening CMD as a admin and type SFC/SCANNOW and wait around 15-20 minutes and the screen starts to work...Plz give me a fix for this

:)

Ares001, Apr 23, 2021
  2. joeyroks Win User

Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

You need to turn fast boot off in your control panel, I had the same issue but you need to boot your pc then when the black screen comes up you need to put your pc in sleep mode and then turn it on again, then you got the login screen.. I posted pictures to disable fast boot *Wink

My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start [​IMG]

joeyroks, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Preparing automatic repair - black screen asus laptop

Hi,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted system file. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is there an error code displayed when the screen turns black?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article. It contains information and resolution about black screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Naveen_M Win User

NEW ASUS e406MA notebook - flashing black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device won't work in the way it should.

The issue might be due to the connection problem with your display, display adapter driver update, or issues with recent updates or installation. For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know more information on this.

Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?

We can try the below steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Update the VGA driver from ASUS website.

I'd suggest you to download and install the
    VGA driver from the system manufacturer site
    , and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Troubleshoot black screen errors.

I'd suggest you to refer this article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    , and try all the suggestions.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start - Similar Threads - Asus Laptop Screen

2. Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears: Hi I have Asus X515JA Laptop and whenever I turn the power on the Asus Logo pops up and after that it shut down automatically. Also it shows preparing automatic repair and nothing happens just a black screen. I have tried unplugging the battery which makes it work fine but...
  3. Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears: Hi I have Asus X515JA Laptop and whenever I turn the power on the Asus Logo pops up and after that it shut down automatically. Also it shows preparing automatic repair and nothing happens just a black screen. I have tried unplugging the battery which makes it work fine but...
  4. My screen is just black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My screen is just black: my windows 10 said it needed an update so i updated it and as normal it did its restart and when it turned back on it did the whole loading screen w the dell logo and then it just goes black and its been stuck on black for abt half an hour now...
  5. Asus Laptop Webcam Just Portraying Black Screens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Laptop Webcam Just Portraying Black Screens: Hi All, Really stumped by my laptop's webcam. I'm just getting a black/ blank screen whenever I launch the MS Camera app, Zoom or Skype. The power light comes on but that's it. No picture of me whatsoever. I'm on 1909. I've tried the following. 1 - Uninstalling and...
  6. Asus Laptop Webcam Just Portraying Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Laptop Webcam Just Portraying Black Screen: Hi All, Really stumped by my webcam. I'm just getting a black/ blank screen whenever I launch the MS Camera app, Zoom or Skype. The power light comes on but that's it. No picture of me whatsoever. I've tried the following. 1 - Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver...
  7. Laptop starts but screen is black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop starts but screen is black: So my MSI Laptop is starting up but the screen stays black. I think I may have interrupted an update halfway through. I've looked around for answers and tried opening it up and removing the battery and replacing it, that didn't work. How can I fix this?...
  8. My laptop works but the screen is just black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop works but the screen is just black.: I'm using a "Evoo Ultra Thin 11.6 Windows 10 Laptop" and when I turn it on, the battery and status light works but the screen just stays black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-works-but-the-screen-is-just-black/a82a19b1-e90c-4759-b4b0-0ca005a63276
  9. Flashing black screen on a new Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flashing black screen on a new Asus laptop: I’ve purchased a new laptop, it is Asus e406MA, but it is working incorrectly, showing serious problems with a black or even blue screen. This PC has pre-installed Windows 10 Home and I think that this issue is caused by incorrect work of OS rather than hardware. The laptop...
  10. Black screen on asus laptop help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on asus laptop help please: Laptop running great but I plugged my camera in to upload photos. Message. Usb not recognized. I unplugged the camera and used another usb port. Now I have a black screen and no control. Suggestions? I am guessing the computer screen let the camera take over. 84175

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus laptop stuck on black start up screen.