Windows 10: My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow

Discus and support My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I think this question has been asked a million times before but my laptop's internet connection is significantly slower than my phone for comparison. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naythurakhy, Dec 24, 2020.

1. My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow

I think this question has been asked a million times before but my laptop's internet connection is significantly slower than my phone for comparison. I have a 30 mbps internet connection. It's not the best but not the worst. For example, my laptop would only get 8 mbps download speed while my phone can get almost twice in the same place. I tested it beside my laptop. I have a Qualcomm Athernos AR956x Wireless Network Adapter. I tried Uninstalling and Re-Installing drivers, resetting my Network settings. The internet speed would suffer a lot when I'm gaming. I get 600 ping. And when I get lucky and get 200- ish ping, the internet would spike and go back to being bad. Any help or reply would be appreciated.

:)

Naythurakhy, Dec 24, 2020

2. Extremely Slow Wifi on LG Optimus 7

Hi

Recently I've been experiencing extremely slow wifi speeds when using my LG Optimus 7. When I first got the phone the wifi was working at regular speeds but recently it has gotten extremely slow for no apparent reason.
    The problem has nothing to do with my wifi router since my laptop, XBOX 360 and iPod work perfectly with wifi.
    I usually get 3 bars of data with my phone but even when I turn off data and allow the wifi to fully connect when waking from sleep, it still works extremely slow.
    Is this a bug with WP7 or is there a fix to it?

Thanks.

jason86586, Dec 24, 2020
  3. EXTREMELY slow WiFi connection on PC with Asus network card

Hello!

I have a big issue. I recently built a PC and bought a Asus PCE-AC51 network card. My WiFI connection is extremely slow (When I do a speedtest now, I get 4mbit/s DOWN and 1mbit/s UP. When I do the exact same speedtest on my phone I get 10x faster results, so
    the WiFi network itself is working perfectly.

So I have tried to check all drivers, Microsoft own and asus (the newest ones). None of the fixes the issue.

I tried network reset (From Settings > Network > Network reset) and also resetting with netsh int ip reset commands etc...

I posted on ASUS forum but didn´t get any response there. Anyone have any idea what can be causing this?

Best regards

Mirrpirrar, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Funzies Win User

My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow

Inkscape extremely slow on new, powerful computer

Last week I bought an ASUS ultrabook laptop:

• i7 6500U processor;
    • 256 GB SSD hard drive;
    • 8GB RAM memory;
    • Intel HD Graphics 5500 video card.

I was told this laptop should be extraordinary fast. However, working in Inkscape on Windows 10, it is extremely slow.

Is it the hardware, or might there be some other reason for Inkscape being this slow?

Funzies, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow

1. My Asus laptop's wifi is extremely slow - Similar Threads - Asus laptop's wifi

2. Laptop going extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop going extremely slow: So recently i updated my laptop It's Windows 10 Home Edition x64 and it was fast for the first day I updated, I uninstalled some unused programs, and then i try to create a ZIP folder, and explorer.exe crashes, which then i had to open task manager and start it again. But...
  3. Extremely Slow Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely Slow Wifi: I just got a new Asus Vivobook 15 X512FA today. In the same spot as my phone, it gets speeds of 5mbps while my phone gets 150mbps. It also has 2 bars while my phone has 5. I have contacted Microsoft and my internet provider and neither could solve the problem. I also have tha...
  4. extremely slow wifi

extremely slow wifi: I got a used surface pro 5i7 7660U, 256GB about two weeks ago. the internet worked fine and very fast..until I updated 25 out of date drivers through GetMyDrivers, that I PAID for. now, whenever I turn off Bluetooth, the wifi with work at the speed that it is supposed...
  5. Surface Extremely slow WIFI

Surface Extremely slow WIFI: I cannot get my WiFi download speed up than 0.15 - 0.19 Mb If I try from my mobile phone or any other laptop or tablet got good speed about 40Mb all tests are very near to the router is that a problem with surface hardware WiFi? I found another question same this one...
  6. Wifi extremely slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  7. Extremely Slow Wifi

Extremely Slow Wifi: Hello! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25 and that's when nobody else is using...
  8. laptop running extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  9. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  10. WiFi being extremely slow on my PC

WiFi being extremely slow on my PC: I had a technician out yesterday to take a look at my modem, and, he confirmed it was backed up and slow, but, he apparently fixed it for the time being and everyone else in my house has good internet connection, it should normally be around 200mb p/s down, but on speedtest...