Windows 10: My Asus pc will not boot

Discus and support My Asus pc will not boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my Asus tower pc will not boot after a windows update but it was working well prior to this update. it just goes on to a screen that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CrustierCar129, Jan 31, 2020.

1. My Asus pc will not boot

Hello, my Asus tower pc will not boot after a windows update but it was working well prior to this update. it just goes on to a screen that says preparing automatic repair then you get the circle of dots going round and then it goes to a blank screen and nothing else happens. I have looked online and the advice is to create a media recovery and run windows from another device on to a usb stick and then run that on my PC.I have got that download on my usb but I can't do anything with it as I can only get to a blank screen. I have tried hard shutdowns but that doesn't work and I have tried f9 and tapping it repeatedly but no joy. How do i get out of this black screen? Please

:)

CrustierCar129, Jan 31, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    Perform these steps before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jan 31, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 31, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

My Asus pc will not boot

Convert dual boot to single boot

Solved. The problem wasn't EasyBCD and how I was doing it (or I could do it as NavyLCDR suggests). The problem was the ASUS UEFI BIOS. I had to delete "Windows Boot Loader" from the boot list.

fireberd, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

My Asus pc will not boot

1. My Asus pc will not boot - Similar Threads - Asus boot

2. My Asus tablet is not booting after Jan 21 2020 Win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Asus tablet is not booting after Jan 21 2020 Win 10 update.: I have got Asus tablet 32 Gb with Win 10. Ihad limited memory so for the update, I had to use flash drive for temporary installation files. I was able to run the update through Windows 10 update assistant. It put few files in the flash drive by creating folder...
  3. Lock out of Asus windows 10 and can't boot up.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock out of Asus windows 10 and can't boot up.: I was on my Asus windows 10 lab top when a one word message came on screen, "locking." Screen went black and now it's as if no power in coming into the pc. The on, battery and other diode indicators won't even light up. I think it has to do with the Microsoft account some way...
  4. Asus desktop won't boot after PCU disconnected

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus desktop won't boot after PCU disconnected: Hey all I have a Asus computer that every time I disconnect power to the motherboard (ex. unplugging) it won't display anything the power button light up the fans will spin but no display until I shut it down take out the ram drives (2x 4gb ballistics sport) then it will boot...
  5. Asus noteboook will not boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus noteboook will not boot: 4-5 year old asus notebook will not boot. error coode on blue screen is 0xc000021a. will not load into windows. worked fine when last used 6 months ago. can access bios boot cannot find start in safe mode function. thoughts on repair method? Also I do not have an install cd...
  6. ASUS Z390-A Will only boot one time to Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 from other boot disk Error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS Z390-A Will only boot one time to Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 from other boot disk Error...: My computer has 5 disks 3 have the EFI boot partition. The 850 EVO SATA SSD has a EFI boot partition and 3 bootable OS partitions. The 970 EVO M.2 SSD has a EFI boot partition and 4 bootable OS partitions. The 500GB WD SATA HDD has a EFI boot partition and 0 bootable OS...
  7. Asus TP200S laptop won't boot up after Windows upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus TP200S laptop won't boot up after Windows upgrade.: Can someone please help. My Asus TP200S can not start Windows, after upgrading Windows 10. It says, "Attempting to recover installation" for about 1/3 of a second, then displays, "Undoing changes made to your computer..." for a few minutes, then it re-boots. It does this...
  8. Asus FX503VM stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus FX503VM stuck in boot loop: Hi all, My Asus FX503VM is stuck in a boot loop; Press power button Keyboard lights up Screen illuminates and displays Asus logo for 2-3 seconds BAM Crashes and starts the cycle all over again I can access the BIOS utility using Esc on start up and it opens up fine,...
  9. ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority: Windows 10 Pro 1909 was originally installed in a 500 GB hard disk.Since the hard disk was giving trouble recently a 1 TB disk got installed and shifted the os but retained the old one for storage..When some updates were not able to install did sfc scannow which returned that...
  10. ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority: Windows 10 Pro 1909 was originally installed in a 500 GB hard disk.Since the hard disk was giving trouble recently a 1 TB disk got installed and shifted the os but retained the old one for storage..When some updates were not able to install did sfc scannow which returned that...