Windows 10: My Asus tablet is not booting after Jan 21 2020 Win 10 update.

Discus and support My Asus tablet is not booting after Jan 21 2020 Win 10 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have got Asus tablet 32 Gb with Win 10. Ihad limited memory so for the update, I had to use flash drive for temporary installation files. I was able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SidHalbe, Feb 2, 2020.

1. SidHalbe Win User

My Asus tablet is not booting after Jan 21 2020 Win 10 update.

I have got Asus tablet 32 Gb with Win 10. Ihad limited memory so for the update, I had to use flash drive for temporary installation files. I was able to run the update through Windows 10 update assistant. It put few files in the flash drive by creating folder $Windows10~something.tmp. After successful update to version 1909 It started configuration and completed the same. But afterward, when it finally finished configuration, it restarted and kept on cycling the Asus logo and flashing a blank window alternating repeatedly. I searched for solutions, tried to get it start in safe mode did not work. Any solution for me please?

Thank you

:)

SidHalbe, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Jcpstrat Win User

Window 10 ASUS Tablet only boots to BIOS menu

I did this to myself but I want to know if there’s anyway to recover or have I killed my tablet.

I’ve got a ASUS VivoTab Smart tablet with Windows 10 installed.

Recently it kept rolling back a big update saying I didn’t have enough space on my C: drive. I had partitioned the dive into 2 drives, a C: and D:. I planned to just increase the size of the C: drive but when I used Partition Manager it showed 4 extra Healthy Recover partitions. After doing some research I figured that they were left over from upgrades from Windows 8 to 8.1 to Windows 10. None of them were over 500 Mb which I thought one should have been 500 Mb for Windows 10. I decided to delete them one by one and then resize the last one to 500Mb so my Windows 10 would have a 500Mb Recovery Partition and then work on resizing the C: drive with extra available space on the D: drive.

Well something went wrong and now the tablet will only boot to the BIOS Menu and the only drive that is listed for Boot Option #1 is “Windows Boot Manager”.

Other ASUS users with similar booting problems have said to set:
    Fast Boot = Disabled
    Secure Boot = Disabled
    Then install a bootable Win 10 USB drive into the tablets port and restart.

When I hit "Save and Restart". my tablet doesn’t seem to want to read the USB drive when restarted. It just reboots to the BIOS menu.

Is my tablet toast or do I have some other options?

Thanks for any suggestion in advance.

Jcpstrat, Feb 2, 2020
  3. DonWyman Win User
    Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Feb 2, 2020
  4. My Asus tablet is not booting after Jan 21 2020 Win 10 update.

WINDOWS 10 ON ASUS TAICHI 21

I have Asus Taichi 21 when i upgrate from win 8 to win 10 pro my back screen and graphics cant control kindly guide me please

Nawaab LawAssociates, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

My Asus tablet is not booting after Jan 21 2020 Win 10 update.

1. My Asus tablet is not booting after Jan 21 2020 Win 10 update. - Similar Threads - Asus tablet booting

2. KB4598298 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v1909 18363.1350 - Jan. 21

in Windows 10 News
    KB4598298 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v1909 18363.1350 - Jan. 21: January 21, 2021 - KB4598298 (OS Build 18363.1350) Preview Windows Server version 1909 Windows 10, version 1909, all editions Important: 12/8/20 Adobe Flash Player went out of support on December 31, 2020. For more information, see Adobe Flash end of support on December 31,...
  3. Samsung slate tablet will not boot after update 8-14-2020.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Samsung slate tablet will not boot after update 8-14-2020.: Samsung slate tablet will not boot after update 8-14-2020. I am running windows 10. When the Slate updated yesterday, it never completed. The tablet is a black screen with a blinking curser at the top left. I got inti the bios, but thrte really isnt anything in thete to...
  4. KB4497165 update Jan 2020 Rec'vd May 2020

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KB4497165 update Jan 2020 Rec'vd May 2020: Hello, I just received this update automatically and determined that there is a performance hit to both single and multi core 6-10%. Is this update related to the Spectre and Meltdown or Zombieload exploits? Its disappointing since it came out January, but only got now in...
  5. Cumulative update - April 21 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative update - April 21 2020: hi all: Here is the link to the latest information on the latest cumulative update for 1903 & 1909. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4550945 There are many fixes to issues, mostly for 1903....
  6. Microsoft Windows updates from Jan, 2020, March 2020

Microsoft Windows updates from Jan, 2020, March 2020: Microsoft updates from January 2020 thru March 2020 are the worst I have ever seen since 1980 starting with Microsoft Corporation’s MS-DOS system, or Window Systems 1 ever released. I wonder is Microsoft going to repair, replace, or release a working version we have yet to...
  7. Win 10 update 2020-01 Boot problems

Win 10 update 2020-01 Boot problems: My computer was working fine until I installed this update. Now when I boot I just get a black screen flashing so fast I cant get into control. After I shut down and reboot, it works fine. This is the first update problem I've has in years. Whats going on!!!!!!!!!...
  8. will IE11 be suppored after jan 2020 in windows 10. confusesd.

in Browsers and Email
    will IE11 be suppored after jan 2020 in windows 10. confusesd.: will IE11 be suppored with updates after jan 2020 as long it is it in windows 10. confusesd. Also is edge any good. as confused how to use it, so am i now am using chrome as default but waiting for a new edge 142502
  9. No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update: I have a lenovo ideapad 2 in 1 14, up until the most recent update my on screen keyboard was working just fine and my pen was working also. Now when I switch to tablet mode the button on the tool bar is there but when i touch it nothing happens. I need to be able to use my...
  10. Win 10 crash on Asus tablet - 5x daily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 crash on Asus tablet - 5x daily: Heya folks. Help me track down this crash. I have an ASUS EP121 Eee Slate running Windows 10. I almost exclusively use Photoshop (CS3) and Dropbox. I have a complete crash that happens using Photoshop (I assume it's only Photoshop? Maybe just the OS, but I'll test)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus tablet not booting up after recent update