Windows 10: My audio and mic are completely messed up.

Discus and support My audio and mic are completely messed up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay, so ever since I have gotten this laptop, I have had a problem where at random points, audio from one application would sound like echoy, and just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JCisme23, Mar 24, 2020.

1. My audio and mic are completely messed up.

Okay, so ever since I have gotten this laptop, I have had a problem where at random points, audio from one application would sound like echoy, and just not as good of quality, I don't know exactly explain it. Usually, if it was in a voice call like on Discord, I would just change the headphone device to the other option as I had two options, Default and Speaker/Headphones, and it would fix it. But today, I decided I was going to try and figure out how to fix this, as it was very annoying. I tried to do some searching and found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...0/35e52979-4d0d-414f-9038-11b7dfbef8aa?auth=1, so I tried to follow this and this is where it messed up everything. I don't know if I didn't follow it correctly or what happened, but now my audio is very low quality, and my laptop will only use my laptop microphone instead of my headset microphone. I have tried updating drivers and other confusing stuff, but I have no idea what to do.

submitted by /u/JCisme23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JCisme23, Mar 24, 2020

2. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Lumia 950 mic audio pickup too weak

Hello,

For us to be able to isolate why your audio mic is weak, kindly answer these questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already contacted B2X regarding your concern?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Gerald Mal, Mar 24, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

My audio and mic are completely messed up.

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

My audio and mic are completely messed up.

1. My audio and mic are completely messed up. - Similar Threads - audio mic are

2. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  3. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  5. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  6. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My Brightness and Colours are completely messed up

My Brightness and Colours are completely messed up: So I basically uninstalled my graphics driver, rebooted my computer which then reinstalled my drivers. This then came with some issues. Firstly, the colors on my screen look completely washed out and are very dull things such as the background, chrome,etc. Also, my brightness...
  8. Windows messes up my audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows messes up my audio: So I have not found any help to my problem, after countless google and microsoft support searches. the problem: as an example, I like to watch youtube videos while I play a like Cities: Skylines. I have auto play on in Youtube, on Chrome, after the video ends it comes to...
  9. Audio messed up

Audio messed up: I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff. So my...
  10. My Audio and Microphone are completely mess up.

My Audio and Microphone are completely mess up.: Okay, so ever since I have gotten this laptop, I have had a problem where at random points, audio from one application would sound like echoy, and just not as good of quality, I don't know exactly explain it. Usually, if it was in a voice call like on Discord, I would just...