Windows 10: My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

Discus and support My Audio icon has a red X and no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear everyone, I am writing to you on behalf of Sound Problem in device. My laptop band is Asus, it is so old 3-4 years. I have just updated win 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HoaiNgocNguyen, Jul 18, 2019.

1. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

Dear everyone,

I am writing to you on behalf of Sound Problem in device.

My laptop band is Asus, it is so old 3-4 years. I have just updated win 10, it isn't activated. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound. I saw many webs and solutions but It was not effective. It looks like my Win 10 hasn't been activated yet so it doesn't work. I'm up here because I don't have professional knowledge or anything.

I appreciate your help in this matter and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Friday, July 19, 2019​

Ngoc ​

P/s: My English is limited, If there is a spelling problem, please skip it.​

:)

HoaiNgocNguyen, Jul 18, 2019

2. Red X on the sound icon

Help me fix the red X on my sound icon.

I just reinstalled windows 10 pro on my pc and now my audio stopped working.

I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling but it keeps going to nvidia HD audio.

All the audio jacks are not working.

Nothing shows in the audio output.

I even tried looking in hidden connections.

But nothing shows.

How do i fix this?

AshwinSatra, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Red "X" on the sound icon.

I have fixed my problem, With that annoying "X". But now there is no sound coming from my headset. Now im just frustrated and annoyed. BTW. My MSI audio thingy doesn't pop up anymore after have connected a cable. It's like the red x is gone(Which it is),
    but yet it's still there. The sound it's just not there, and i did a lot of stuff trying to get that annoying "x" away. Some things where i didn't know what, i was doing. And when i plug my headsets out, the sound icon is still connected to (Realtek High Definition
    audio). Man i really, REALLY need help. EDIT: I did uninstall realtek drivers and then install them again, after that my MSI audio what to call it... Customizer didn't pop up anymore.

Benny Vegas, Jul 18, 2019
  4. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

no sound, red X on sound icon

I wanted to watch a video on my PC but there was no sound with a red circle with “X” on sound icon. I couldn’t turn the sound on. Troubleshooting couldn’t detect a problem.

MandyColeman, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

1. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound - Similar Threads - Audio icon has

2. Why is there a Red X on my audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a Red X on my audio?: I have a Red X on my audio on the lower right hand of my computer. Has been that way since Thursday and I am trying everything to get the sound back but no avail. Can you help me regain the sound back on my computer. It would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon: Greetings,Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and...
  4. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon: Greetings,Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and...
  5. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. no sound, red X on sound icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound, red X on sound icon: I wanted to watch a video on my PC but there was no sound with a red circle with “X” on sound icon. I couldn’t turn the sound on. Troubleshooting couldn’t detect a problem....
  7. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar: I got on my laptop a minute ago to watch a video and I realized that there is a red circle with an "x" next to it but when I try to turn the sound up nothing happens. When I click on the sound icon it says troubleshoot could not detect a problem. What do I do I do to fix my...
  8. Red "X" on the sound icon.

Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...
  9. Audio works but see red x on icon

Audio works but see red x on icon: My pc is only 2 weeks old (brand new out of box) but I turned it on this morning and there is a red x on the sound icon, but the sound is working fine. I checked for updates but don't have any, what can I do to fix it or make the red x go away? I ran a sound test and it came...
  10. "The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it..

"The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it..: So after the most recent Windows 10 update, my sound started acting up. At first, the front headphone jack didn't even work anymore. I reinstalled my Creative Sound Blaster Z driver and it started working again. However, another problem persists. After a system restart,...