Windows 10: My audio in the lower right corner says "The audio service is not running" what do i do?

Discus and support My audio in the lower right corner says "The audio service is not running" what do i do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio in the lower right corner says "The audio service is not running" what do i do?. I've tried everything, updating, recovery, rebooting. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jjjjQC., Sep 16, 2021.

1. jjjjQC. Win User

My audio in the lower right corner says "The audio service is not running" what do i do?

My audio in the lower right corner says "The audio service is not running" what do i do?. I've tried everything, updating, recovery, rebooting. and none of those things worked i need help

:)

jjjjQC., Sep 16, 2021

2. Windows Audio Service Stopped Working

For that particular error message, it seems that at least one of the 2 services, Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder isn't running. You may need to check if both Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services are running.

Follow the steps provided below:

• Right-click on the Start icon on the lower left hand corner.
    • Look for Run and click on it.
    • Type in services.msc.
    • Once the Services window is up, look for Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.
    • Make sure the 2 services are running and the Startup Type must be Automatic.

My audio in the lower right corner says "The audio service is not running" what do i do? 75b3d14e-76ea-4c9f-9bc9-1e1bb74eba5c.png

Let me know if you have questions.

Marivel Man, Sep 16, 2021
  3. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

My audio in the lower right corner says "The audio service is not running" what do i do?

Window 10 audio services not responding

Keyboard:
    win + r (simultaneously)
    services.msc

locate each:
    1) Windows Audio
    2) Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    3) Plug and Play

Right click on each of the above and make sure:
    Startup type is automatic
    Services are running

For each of these make sure that you right click then restart them despite the displayed status.

In the left lower corner search type: msconfig
    Make sure that there are check marks for each

Windows Audio
    Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

Reboot

There are more troubleshooting steps if the above does not fix the audio.

zbook, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

1. My audio in the lower right corner says "The audio service is not running" what do i do? - Similar Threads - audio lower right

2. My audio service is Not running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio service is Not running.: My speakers are not working because for some reason my audio service is disabled. I didn't do that. I watched a video and it showed how to enable it. I pressed Enable and it said this:Windows could Not start the Windows audio service on local computer.Error 0x80070005: Access...
  3. My audio service is Not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio service is Not running.: My speakers are not working because for some reason my audio service is disabled. I didn't do that. I watched a video and it showed how to enable it. I pressed Enable and it said this:Windows could Not start the Windows audio service on local computer.Error 0x80070005: Access...
  4. My audio service is Not running.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service not running: After several trouble free years with my laptop I am now getting this message. I have tried all the recommended solutions on this and other forums but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 10 and yes, my drivers are up to date. Could this possibly be a hardware problem?...
  6. Audio services do not respond

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio services do not respond: About 3 days ago, i got a new headset, which requires this program called JBL QuantumENGINE. I installed and no problem. Then 3 days later, theres no sound. No sound from any output device. I've tried uninstalling drivers and uninstalling and reeinstalling the program and...
  7. Audio service not running

Audio service not running: Hi, Since the last two days, my Audio service has stopped. My sound card is working fine, and I have tried the following actions, but they have failed: Tried uninstalling, re-installing and rolling back my audio drivers. Tried to update my audio drivers to the latest...
  8. My Audio service is not running.

My Audio service is not running.: My Windows Audio service is not running and I cant start it in the services screen it tells me access is denied. The Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is Running. I Installed the latest windows update last night it was a security update. I need help fixing this because with out...
  9. How Do I Stop Notifications in Lower RIght Hand Corner?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Stop Notifications in Lower RIght Hand Corner?: After I boot I get notifications in the lower right hand corner. Other times I get notifications when after I unplug a usb drive. How can I stop these notifications? [img] 131238
  10. Audio Services Not Running

Audio Services Not Running: I had audio service until ~7-10 days ago. I think that a Windows update changed the settings. I have tried EVERYTHING to restore or re-install the audio. I even tried a System Restore without success even though I disabled Defender (which blocks a System Restore). What...