Windows 10: My Audio is Broken?

Discus and support My Audio is Broken? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so basically, a couple of months back, around October 29th, 2018, I had updated my computer because of a mandatory update that kept reappearing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sejway, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Sejway Win User

My Audio is Broken?

Okay so basically, a couple of months back, around October 29th, 2018, I had updated my computer because of a mandatory update that kept reappearing every 50 minutes. When I had finally decided to update it, I had shut off my computer too so it'll update then shut down. The next day I opened up my computer, turned it on, and it was updated. The first thing I did was go onto Chrome to watch some anime, when a pop up on the side of my screen appeared telling me to delete the last update to free up some space, so I thought why not, and did just that. So I begin watching my anime when I notice that there was no volume. So I go to my home screen where Wallpaper Engine was running something in the background like always, and yet again, no audio. It was perfectly fine before the update. So I decided to restart my computer, but to no avail, there was still no audio being played. I searched up a solution, but came pretty empty handed, only being told about the new Spatial Sound feature. So I switched between the two options I have, being Windows Sonic and Off, and I found that repeatedly switching between them had helped, with there being a whole bunch of different types of sound variations coming out of my computer, as in one sounding like some radio frequency, another having an echo, and overall just a lot of distortion, along with the one where there'd be no audio, and the one that'd be perfectly fine. It's like gambling, you'll never know what you'd get. Anyways, fast forward to now. Even through many updates, this issue is still evident, yet, it's gotten worse. At this point, it takes multiple computer restarts and many Spatial Sound switches for there to be any kind of audio, most of the time it being the echo-y audio which frustrates me. I've tried many things with my settings, as in deleting the audio driver and so on, but nothing worked. I have an MSI GE63 APpache Pro, which is a laptop, and I've had it for a little over 2 years now. I would greatly prefer to not have to pay for a new laptop, so can anyone help me with this issue?

:)

Sejway, Jan 17, 2019

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 17, 2019
  4. My Audio is Broken?

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

My Audio is Broken?

1. My Audio is Broken? - Similar Threads - Audio Broken

2. Audio's broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio's broken: Hello everyone, i have a trouble with my audio today. You see i download the High definiton audio device in the Realtek website but when i use it, it doesn't appear in the Sounds,Video and games controller but it keep appearing in the "Other Devices" with the name of Intel...
  3. Audio's broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio's broken: Hello everyone, i have a trouble with my audio today. You see i download the High definiton audio device in the Realtek website but when i use it, it doesn't appear in the Sounds,Video and games controller but it keep appearing in the "Other Devices" with the name of Intel...
  4. Does anyone have any idea why Windows 11 seems to have broken audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone have any idea why Windows 11 seems to have broken audio?: Hi there,Honestly not sure if any other users or anyone at Microsoft will bother to read this based on my experience dealing with the support offered by Microsoft the last few months,Windows forced me to update some time ago from Windows 10 to Windows 11 at which time I...
  5. Does anyone have any idea why Windows 11 seems to have broken audio?

Does anyone have any idea why Windows 11 seems to have broken audio?: Hi there,Honestly not sure if any other users or anyone at Microsoft will bother to read this based on my experience dealing with the support offered by Microsoft the last few months,Windows forced me to update some time ago from Windows 10 to Windows 11 at which time I...
  6. Windows updated my PC overnight, Audio is completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updated my PC overnight, Audio is completely broken: Once again the night killer has come by and decided to ruin my day. Audio worked great on the night of the 16th, went to put my PC to sleep, saw a Windows update was due, let my PC go to sleep, and do its thing overnight. Woke up, and my audio is broken. I have attempted a...
  7. Windows updated my PC overnight, Audio is completely broken

Windows updated my PC overnight, Audio is completely broken: Once again the night killer has come by and decided to ruin my day. Audio worked great on the night of the 16th, went to put my PC to sleep, saw a Windows update was due, let my PC go to sleep, and do its thing overnight. Woke up, and my audio is broken. I have attempted a...
  8. Windows updated my PC overnight, Audio is completely broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 11 Canary 25982 Bluetooth audio broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Canary 25982 Bluetooth audio broken: Windows 11 Canary 25982 broke the audio driver for my Bluetooth headphones. Terrible choppy audio quality. In the Bluetooth menu, it states "Connected mic", instead of "Connected mic, audio" before the update...
  10. Windows 11 Canary 25982 Bluetooth audio broken

Windows 11 Canary 25982 Bluetooth audio broken: Windows 11 Canary 25982 broke the audio driver for my Bluetooth headphones. Terrible choppy audio quality. In the Bluetooth menu, it states "Connected mic", instead of "Connected mic, audio" before the update...