Windows 10: My audio is muted?

Discus and support My audio is muted? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmeliaVail, Apr 12, 2021.

1. My audio is muted?

It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots it again... I don't know what to do?

:)

AmeliaVail, Apr 12, 2021

2. Audios is completely muted

Just as about to browse on the internet and watch Twitch and some stuff, I hear nothing with audios and it's dead silence. I thought I have to put mute on, but I hear nothing the rest of it.

I have to try to fix it (such as put automatic Window Audios, Plug and Play and whatever that is), remove or update audio driver and restart and the list goes on) and it's still not working. I don't know why the speaker and audio are not working. I can tell
    Audios is not responding and whatever that is with configuring has been removed, whether it was a glitch or not. There no way its dead silence despite the speaker is on and hear nothing. Audio is not responding is completely glitches I guarantee and none of
    the stuff is working. Perhaps it all REALTEK driver stops working and glitching out that for sure.

But seriously, can someone how to fix properly with the SIMPLE step before something is NOT gonna be pretty.

Ryan Unknown, Apr 12, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Apr 12, 2021
  4. My audio is muted?

Audio sound mute and un-mutes.

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you further:

• How long have you been experiencing this problem?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    • Have you updated the audio drivers?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Method 2:

If the issue persists, then try to uninstall and re-install the audio driver.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then right-click on it to
      Uninstall.
    • Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
    • To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website (recommended as they will have updated drivers).
    For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

My audio is muted?

1. My audio is muted? - Similar Threads - audio muted

2. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.: Whenever I mute an app in Windows 10, the audio will still play as long as another app has audio playing. The YouTube video below shows me muting Minecraft, which will stay muted until I start the sound test for my headset.https://youtu.be/bKjd_Mi2rhsThe same issue happens if...
  3. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.: Whenever I mute an app in Windows 10, the audio will still play as long as another app has audio playing. The YouTube video below shows me muting Minecraft, which will stay muted until I start the sound test for my headset.https://youtu.be/bKjd_Mi2rhsThe same issue happens if...
  4. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio has been cutting out and computer has automatically muted itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio has been cutting out and computer has automatically muted itself.: I got a Windows 11 laptop Acer Aspire 3, for nearly 6 months, and last month, I've been experiencing an issue, where the audio stops playing and prevents the media player to load continuously, and the volume to automatically reset to 0 while muting itself. I have been...
  6. Audio has been cutting out and computer has automatically muted itself.

Audio has been cutting out and computer has automatically muted itself.: I got a Windows 11 laptop Acer Aspire 3, for nearly 6 months, and last month, I've been experiencing an issue, where the audio stops playing and prevents the media player to load continuously, and the volume to automatically reset to 0 while muting itself. I have been...
  7. Why does the Play/Pause button mute audio ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Play/Pause button mute audio ?: The Play/Pause button on my keyboard works fine with Spotify but when i'm listening to audio on the edge browser it just mutes it not stop it. Is there a way to fix this ?...
  8. Why does the Play/Pause button mute audio ?

Why does the Play/Pause button mute audio ?: The Play/Pause button on my keyboard works fine with Spotify but when i'm listening to audio on the edge browser it just mutes it not stop it. Is there a way to fix this ?...
  9. Phone Link mutes all audio systemwide when a call comes in to the connected phone. I need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link mutes all audio systemwide when a call comes in to the connected phone. I need...: Phone Link mutes audio on video or other app when phone is in use - not in use through the computer - just in use. This is a deal breaker. I thought, wow, Microsoft came out with something handy... Please memo the patch team about fixing this issue. If there is an actual fix...
  10. Phone Link mutes all audio systemwide when a call comes in to the connected phone. I need...

Phone Link mutes all audio systemwide when a call comes in to the connected phone. I need...: Phone Link mutes audio on video or other app when phone is in use - not in use through the computer - just in use. This is a deal breaker. I thought, wow, Microsoft came out with something handy... Please memo the patch team about fixing this issue. If there is an actual fix...