Windows 10: My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.

Discus and support My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed that my audio stopped working without my headphones just yesterday. My laptop is still less than a month old. There was an error event in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CheesecakeJW, Jan 10, 2021.

1. My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.

I noticed that my audio stopped working without my headphones just yesterday.

My laptop is still less than a month old.

There was an error event in my Realtek Audio device manager.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

Date: 09/01/2021 10:08:32 pm

Event ID: 411

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Description:

Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0236&SUBSYS_103C87CF&REV_1000\5&f6bc7d4&0&0001 had a problem starting.

I have tried the simple troubleshoot instructions but nothing seems to be working out.

Hope you can help me, thanks.

:)

CheesecakeJW, Jan 10, 2021

2. DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Zack_L-P Win User
    Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

Zack_L-P, Jan 10, 2021
  4. phanta Win User

My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing really comes in my headphones at all. Need much help.
    My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in. [​IMG]

phanta, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.

1. My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in. - Similar Threads - audio working headphones

2. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  3. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  4. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My headphones won’t play audio and my mic barely works when plugged into the headphones and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones won’t play audio and my mic barely works when plugged into the headphones and...: I plugged my headphones into my audio only jack and it works perfect but when I plug it into the audio and mic jack it makes no sound and I have to just about scream into my mic to get it to pick anything up...
  6. My headphones won’t play audio and my mic barely works when plugged into the headphones and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones won’t play audio and my mic barely works when plugged into the headphones and...: I plugged my headphones into my audio only jack and it works perfect but when I plug it into the audio and mic jack it makes no sound and I have to just about scream into my mic to get it to pick anything up...
  7. My headphones won’t play audio and my mic barely works when plugged into the headphones and...

8. my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone

my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone: my audio jack notification is not popping up whenever i would plug in a headphone the notification would appear with 3to 4 options and saying that chose one of them. but the major problem is that when i plug in the headphone to my laptop it doesnt recongnize it and doesnt...
  9. My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in

My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in: Today I noticed that my computer audio stopped working. Firstly it didn't work on headphones too but later suddenly started normally producing sound. Currently sound comes only from the headphones. I tried troubleshooting problems and it hasn't found any at all....
  10. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...