Windows 10: My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in

Discus and support My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I noticed that my computer audio stopped working. Firstly it didn't work on headphones too but later suddenly started normally producing sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DinoBlqžić, Jan 11, 2021.

1. My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in

Today I noticed that my computer audio stopped working. Firstly it didn't work on headphones too but later suddenly started normally producing sound.

Currently sound comes only from the headphones.

I tried troubleshooting problems and it hasn't found any at all. Furthermore I checked if my device had been muted, but that wasn't a case. Next I had tried hardreset but it didn't solve the problem. I had heard that installing new drivers would help but at the end it didn't work out.

When I looked at the Realtek properties and its history of running, something strange occured that caught my attention. It says:

"Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0236&SUBSYS_103C87CF&REV_1000\5&f6bc7d4&0&0001 had a problem starting".

Hopefully you can help me, thank you.

:)

DinoBlqžić, Jan 11, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in :)

GiancarlosGarza, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Jakub578 Win User

My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in

Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in

1. My audio isn't working when the headphones aren't plugged in - Similar Threads - audio isn't working

2. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  3. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  4. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.: I use a boot camp'd IMac and when I switched to windows for the first time, the computer detected the headphones easily, but after a few weeks, the computer just stopped detecting them, I know fully well that the headphones do in fact work and are plugged into the correct...
  5. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.: I use a boot camp'd IMac and when I switched to windows for the first time, the computer detected the headphones easily, but after a few weeks, the computer just stopped detecting them, I know fully well that the headphones do in fact work and are plugged into the correct...
  6. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone

my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone: my audio jack notification is not popping up whenever i would plug in a headphone the notification would appear with 3to 4 options and saying that chose one of them. but the major problem is that when i plug in the headphone to my laptop it doesnt recongnize it and doesnt...
  8. My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.

My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.: I noticed that my audio stopped working without my headphones just yesterday. My laptop is still less than a month old. There was an error event in my Realtek Audio device manager. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:...
  9. Audio isn't working with headphones when listening to anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio isn't working with headphones when listening to anything.: So over these past few days, my audio hasn't been working with headphones and it's pretty confusing IMO. I first noticed this when I tried listening to music on Groove, and some weird stuff happened. First it tried playing audio for the song I wanted to listen to and then it...
  10. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...