Windows 10: My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no...

Discus and support My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My bluetooth headphones work so it;s just the jack. Any suggestions? I have the HP ENVY Laptop 16-h0xxx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sydney Huston, May 21, 2024.

1. My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no...

My bluetooth headphones work so it;s just the jack. Any suggestions? I have the HP ENVY Laptop 16-h0xxx

:)

Sydney Huston, May 21, 2024
  2. test test Win User

webcam audio jacked plugged in but it still says not plugged in

hello. whenever i plug in my webcam audio jack it will just say not plugged in

but my headphone works. is there a problem with this its correctly plugged in but it still says not plugged in

i looked at

it says the device is working properly its not true.

test test, May 21, 2024
  3. phanta Win User
    Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing really comes in my headphones at all. Need much help.
    My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no... 255618d1574005796t-audio-not-working-when-plugging-any-headphones-jack-no-sound.jpg

phanta, May 21, 2024
  4. izzadoor Win User

My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no...

Playback through headphones in jack on Windows 10 not working

Currently, on my Windows 10 PC I have the following strange behavior: my speakers and my USB headphones both will play sound fine, but my headphones in the headphone jack do not play sound. Additionally, my headphones are not listed under playback devices when they are plugged in.

What I have tried so far:

1. Restarting Computer
    2. Double-checking volume mixer to make sure I did not accidentally mute my computer
    3. Right-clicking sound icon and following all steps in “Troubleshoot Sound Problems” and restarting
    4. Troubleshoot Settings → additional troubleshooters → playing audio and following all the steps
    5. Going to Device Manager → Sound, video and game controllers and uninstalling either Realtek Audio Device or High Definition Audio Device and restarting
    6. Going to Device Manager → Sound, video and game controllers and selecting “update driver” on High Definition Audio Device
    7. Updating OS
    8. Downloading drivers from the manufacturer of my computer and restarting
    9. Going to Realtek Audio Console → Device Advanced Settings → toggling “Disable front panel jack detection” on and off and testing
    Edit: The headphones work when plugged in to another Windows 10 PC and plugging in different headphones to my headphone jack did not seem to fix the issue.

Edit 2: When I put my headphones in the jack, sound stops coming through the speakers. When I installed a different driver (the one installed by the sound troubleshooter, not the one from the computer manufacturer), my headphones appeared in the list of devices, but no sound comes out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything else I could try? Any help or tips are very much appreciated.

izzadoor, May 21, 2024
Thema:

My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no...

1. My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no... - Similar Threads - audio jack randomly

2. My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio jack randomly stopped working. It says that my headphones are plugged in but no...: My bluetooth headphones work so it;s just the jack. Any suggestions? I have the HP ENVY Laptop 16-h0xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-jack-randomly-stopped-working-it-says/3fd67636-12b7-40c9-90ea-cc428637909b
  3. webcam audio jacked plugged in but it still says not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webcam audio jacked plugged in but it still says not plugged in: hello. whenever i plug in my webcam audio jack it will just say not plugged inbut my headphone works. is there a problem with this its correctly plugged in but it still says not plugged ini looked atit says the device is working properly its not true....
  4. webcam audio jacked plugged in but it still says not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam audio jacked plugged in but it still says not plugged in: hello. whenever i plug in my webcam audio jack it will just say not plugged inbut my headphone works. is there a problem with this its correctly plugged in but it still says not plugged ini looked atit says the device is working properly its not true....
  5. webcam audio jacked plugged in but it still says not plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Audio/Headphone jack not working/

Audio/Headphone jack not working/: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  7. my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone

my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone: my audio jack notification is not popping up whenever i would plug in a headphone the notification would appear with 3to 4 options and saying that chose one of them. but the major problem is that when i plug in the headphone to my laptop it doesnt recongnize it and doesnt...
  8. The headphone jack on my laptop stopped working suddenly and randomly. Is there tech...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The headphone jack on my laptop stopped working suddenly and randomly. Is there tech...: Sound still comes out of my laptop's speakers like normal, but plugging in headphones does nothing now. I messed around with my drivers and such, which did nothing and now I feel like I might have doomed myself to never fixing this problem because I don't really know what I'm...
  9. Audio randomly stops working, will work again after plugging and unplugging headphones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stops working, will work again after plugging and unplugging headphones.: Pretty much the title. To be clear, I will be listening to a video through my laptop's speakers, without heaphones, then out of nowhere the audio will stop. I've figured out that if I plug in my headphones and then unplug them again, the audio will temporarily come back,...
  10. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...