Windows 10: My audio on my computer wont work I can hear but they cant hear me!!!

Discus and support My audio on my computer wont work I can hear but they cant hear me!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY COMPUTERS AUDIO. ITS NOT MUTED THAT I KNOW OF AND IT KEEPS SAYING IT IS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TeenaSchrock, Jan 31, 2020.

1. My audio on my computer wont work I can hear but they cant hear me!!!

I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY COMPUTERS AUDIO. ITS NOT MUTED THAT I KNOW OF AND IT KEEPS SAYING IT IS

:)

TeenaSchrock, Jan 31, 2020

2. CANNOT HEAR AUDIO

AUDIO WORKED YESTERDAY

TODAY CANNOT HEAR AUDIO

NEEDHELPCP, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 31, 2020
  4. RajithR Win User

My audio on my computer wont work I can hear but they cant hear me!!!

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

My audio on my computer wont work I can hear but they cant hear me!!!

1. My audio on my computer wont work I can hear but they cant hear me!!! - Similar Threads - audio computer wont

2. i have no sound on my gateway computer others can hear me but i cant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have no sound on my gateway computer others can hear me but i cant: i have no sound for over 2 months oive tried all you experts tell me and same result fix it for once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-gateway-computer-others-can/201ffc42-1bb9-4113-b250-a7911406364f
  3. i have no sound on my gateway computer others can hear me but i cant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have no sound on my gateway computer others can hear me but i cant: i have no sound for over 2 months oive tried all you experts tell me and same result fix it for once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-gateway-computer-others-can/201ffc42-1bb9-4113-b250-a7911406364f
  4. I cant hear my audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant hear my audio: When I try to play a video from my PC it doesnt work because i cant hear it. It says no speakers or headphones are plugged in... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-my-audio/69d6897d-7eb8-4524-afb5-5a3d09356afa
  5. Others can hear my computer audio and not me

Others can hear my computer audio and not me: I have a Windows 10 HP computer, and others can hear my computer audio instead of me when I'm in calls. I've tried everything from updating my drivers and disabling and enabling my audio input and output, but nothing seems to be working....
  6. My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.: I was playing Dead by Daylight when this happened. After I sent a bad message, I got suspended from sending messages. Now I can hear my friends but they can’t hear me. I need help with this please....
  7. Cortana can hear me but wont answer!

in Cortana
    Cortana can hear me but wont answer!: When I try to use Cortana, she recognizes my instruction but then it makes the stop listening sound and goes back to the main screen. Nothing happens. It only wakes up on my call 'Hey Cortana' and then does not respond to my further commands, just goes back again. I have...
  8. I cant hear anybody but they can hear me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant hear anybody but they can hear me: so i tried setting my default device and communications device and stuff, on discord tried using legacy audio system, all of the inputs and outputs are correct, they can hear me, but i cant hear anybody, i can still hear YouTube and stuff tho, i don't remember messing around...
  9. I can hear audio

I can hear audio: I can hear audio on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-hear-audio/412824d6-0b27-49a3-968d-e186b145aea3
  10. I cant hear my speakers

I cant hear my speakers: I'm unable to hear sound out the computer speakers. How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-my-speakers/c6146d47-9b98-4c1e-8f0d-3cf5c4c0843d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i be heard on zoom

2. using zoom on phone cant see myself