Windows 10: my audio output device disappeared...

Discus and support my audio output device disappeared... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio out device on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop Disappeared....It says its not installed....Please help...I'm truly a computer dummy...Need step by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by auntiet, Jun 23, 2020.

1. auntiet Win User

my audio output device disappeared...

My audio out device on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop Disappeared....It says its not installed....Please help...I'm truly a computer dummy...Need step by step instructions....Thanks very kindly...

:)

auntiet, Jun 23, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 23, 2020
  3. netter Win User
    No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Jun 23, 2020
  4. my audio output device disappeared...

No Audio Output Device

Hi  RMoody1

I'm an INDEPENDENT ADVISOR

Run Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter 

To fix the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error in Windows 10, you could also run the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter. To access the troubleshooter, here’s what you need to do. 

Step 1. Open the search box 

Step 2. Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter 

Step 3. Click View all 

Step 4. Select Playing audio 

Step 5. Follow the instructions to complete the audio troubleshooting process 

Note: The Audio Troubleshooter will detect the audio issues. When the search is finished, the audio issues will display.

This article can help you with the possible solution of your Issue

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

You can also try Verify the Windows service 

Use Windows Key + R. 

When you open the window you type: 

Services.msc. 

When you open the list of services, look for "Windows Audio". 

Double click on the start button and verify that the start type is in (automatic). 

Driver update: 

Another option is to go directly to the website of the manufacturer of your PC, there you can update the sound drivers of your PC

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

my audio output device disappeared...

1. my audio output device disappeared... - Similar Threads - audio output device

2. audio output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio output devices: My smart phone is paired to my laptop but I cannot get the laptop to output audio to my smart phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-devices/c8ddc572-e46b-4e33-92ab-baa684f6027b
  3. Audio Output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Output device: I have an audio receiver connected to my desktop via Bluetooth. Somehow, I lose the connection every day or so. Under Settings Bluetooth, it indicates that I am paired to the receiver. Under Sound, no output device is available within the dropdown menu. It used to say either...
  4. My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. My audio output devices have disappeared. Not just no devices installed, but no devices listed in Device Manager. Tried troubleshooting and still no devices found. Tried connecting USB speakers, but those were not detected either....
  5. no audio output device

no audio output device: after win 10 update the audio not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device/5902e376-33d1-4322-ac8d-71391c20f277
  6. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  7. Audio Output Device

Audio Output Device: I used to have headphone and speaker which I can switch under here when I pluged two audio output devices. [ATTACH] But after I updated the audio driver today, the headphone choice was disappeared. I can only switch between headphone and speaker by unplugging one of them....
  8. output audio device

output audio device: my system is showing notification of no audio output device is installed and even no audio sound is audible.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-audio-device/5b5d3f20-0ab8-4f46-94cb-106a14808e96
  9. No Audio output device

No Audio output device: I have a No Audio Issue started about 2 days ago. In my search of the issue on my Surface I found Remote Capture Remote Render info. I've reinstalled Windows 10 but still no audio and possible remote control over my system 118000
  10. No Audio output device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Audio output device: I have a No Audio Issue started about 2 days ago. In my search of the issue on my Surface I found Remote Capture Remote Render info. I've reinstalled Windows 10 but still no audio and possible remote control over my system 118000