Windows 10: My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

Discus and support My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. My audio output devices have disappeared. Not just no devices installed, but no devices listed in Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rob_Benjamin, Sep 2, 2020.

1. My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. My audio output devices have disappeared. Not just no devices installed, but no devices listed in Device Manager. Tried troubleshooting and still no devices found. Tried connecting USB speakers, but those were not detected either.

Suggestions?

:)

Rob_Benjamin, Sep 2, 2020
  2. auntiet Win User

my audio output device disappeared...

My audio out device on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop Disappeared....It says its not installed....Please help...I'm truly a computer dummy...Need step by step instructions....Thanks very kindly...

auntiet, Sep 2, 2020
  3. SKatFixIt Win User
    Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop

I have HP Spectre 64bit laptop that came with Windows 10 and is less than a year old. Every time windows installs a new update, my audio output device, which is Bang & Olufsen speaker, disappears. I have to use HP Recovery Manager to reinstall Audio Driver,
    which is somehow deleted by Windows update. The driver name that is getting deleted is Conexant High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver version 9.0.69.0.

To me, it looks like a defect in Windows 10 update software. It is extremely annoying and should not be happening.

Is there any way for me to prevent windows updates from deleting my audio output device?

P.S. Microsoft, you need to fix this defect!

SKatFixIt, Sep 2, 2020
  4. My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

No Audio Output Device is installed

I clicked the link you gave me. HP told me to download "HPSupportSolutionsFramework-12.3.11.29" to check drivers that can be installed. After I download and install this solution framework from HP, the webpage proceed to next step and tell me that Windows update may have driver for me. It tells me to go to windows update and search for driver.

I did what it told me to do. But the windows update don't have anything for me to update or install.

For this case HP suggest me to open device manager to install the missing driver. (I'm referring to section "Update other specific components" under the "Installing updates in Windows 10" title in the webpage HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model? | HP® Customer Support)

HP suggest me to right click on the driver that I want to update to update. But as shown on the image I provided in my previous post, I cannot see any "audio inputs and outputs" tab or audio driver. I only see audio controller in the "System device" tab. (and these controller have the "!" sign on them for some reason)

Am I meant to do something to the audio controller?
    Or should I install a new audio driver? (if so, how do I install one?)

Anonymous123, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

1. My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop. - Similar Threads - audio output devices

2. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  3. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  4. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "no audio device is installed" and the output devices have disappeared from the Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "no audio device is installed" and the output devices have disappeared from the Device Manager.: I am running Windows 11 pro on my pc. A recent update has caused my speakers to stop working. Clicking on the speaker icon produces the message "no audio device is installed" even though the speakers worked perfectly before the reboot.Checking the Device Manager shows there...
  6. "no audio device is installed" and the output devices have disappeared from the Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "no audio device is installed" and the output devices have disappeared from the Device Manager.: I am running Windows 11 pro on my pc. A recent update has caused my speakers to stop working. Clicking on the speaker icon produces the message "no audio device is installed" even though the speakers worked perfectly before the reboot.Checking the Device Manager shows there...
  7. my audio output device disappeared...

my audio output device disappeared...: My audio out device on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop Disappeared....It says its not installed....Please help...I'm truly a computer dummy...Need step by step instructions....Thanks very kindly......
  8. Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop.

Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop.: The past two updates have removed sound from my HP Pavilion x360. The drivers are up to date - I just bought this laptop August 2018. Again I will have to restore my computer to a backup - a very long process that leaves me without a computer for hours. This is VERY...
  9. Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop.: The past two updates have removed sound from my HP Pavilion x360. The drivers are up to date - I just bought this laptop August 2018. Again I will have to restore my computer to a backup - a very long process that leaves me without a computer for hours. This is VERY...
  10. HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound: I have a HP Laptop that has no sound. It says I have no audio output device installed I am running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-it-says-i-have-no-audio-output-device/811794bc-81f3-4979-ad02-4581878904f2